Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Mar-2005, 17:37
Mille

Mood: Yoi
Ducati UK's Peter Brooking (Manager, Marketing & After Sales) has been in touch with me with the following information:

"The situation at the moment is that following discussions with Mr Jackson and the insurance underwriters involved, we have recently been given permission to remove the relevant components from the machine. These have now been sent to the factory and once we have received their comments we will then discuss the matter with Mr Jackson.

We wish to re-assure members of the Club that we are taking this matter seriously & our priority is the safety of our customers. As will be appreciated, we are at present unable to comment on the outcome of the inspection of the parts. However, whilst the matter is being investigated, should any owners have concerns regarding their own machine they should in the first instance discuss the matter with their Ducati dealer who will then contact us as necessary.

Thank you for your co-operation."
Old 24-Mar-2005, 17:37
Montjuic

There's been a few people in the course of this thread who've been wondering if anyone at Ducati are listening or reading these boards.... Well having spoken to Hurst's a couple of minutes ago, I can categorically state that YES - Ducati do read these boards! Apparently the Scottish rep phoned Hurst's to tell them about this thread, so now I'll have to watch my p's & q's. Maybe somebody will tell DM and Twinfan will receive a call about the availabilty of a coutesy bike. Kinda makes you feel good knowing that people power still exists.

By the way - Hurst's rock!
Old 24-Mar-2005, 17:46
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by necroscope
There's been a few people in the course of this thread who've been wondering if anyone at Ducati are listening or reading these boards.... Well having spoken to Hurst's a couple of minutes ago, I can categorically state that YES - Ducati do read these boards! Apparently the Scottish rep phoned Hurst's to tell them about this thread, so now I'll have to watch my p's & q's. Maybe somebody will tell DM and Twinfan will receive a call about the availabilty of a coutesy bike. Kinda makes you feel good knowing that people power still exists.

Or Ducati's reputation on the line?

Imagine if say someone out there with said 749/999 was killed and the police were to get involved, bike gets impounded and forensics get involved and identify a faulty brake component... Huge press exposure, good-bye sales...

This is all hypothetical, and if anything these are hopefully isolated incidents, and from what we know so far no-one has been seriously hurt.

The good news is Twinfan has been offered a bike, and it looks like the powers that be are getting involved and communicating to the masses.

Good work Ducati UK
Old 24-Mar-2005, 19:02
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Quote:
...it looks like the powers that be are getting involved and communicating to the masses.

Good work Ducati UK

Well said JPM

And thanks David/Peter for the message from Ducati UK.

[Edited on 24-3-2005 by Twinfan]
Old 25-Mar-2005, 21:48
Montjuic

Mood: Love my Duke
Eek, thought I'd waved goodbye to quality / design problems when I sold the Benelli

As mine is an 04 749 Dark I suppose mine could also be affected. Be very interested to hear the Brembo or factory investigations.

Good luck in your persuit of answers, were all watching with interest
Old 28-Mar-2005, 23:50

Quote:
Originally posted by necroscope

Just bought my 749s off Hursts so its good to see the positive remarks!

However, do you know they are loosing the ducati dealership? (and the kawasaki one)

Yes indeedy, soon they will be official yamaha dealers only!

[Edited on 28-3-2005 by mab]
Old 29-Mar-2005, 00:02
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
strange for such a big firm as Hursts with so many car franchises to let Ducati go! Who is getting the franchise in the North????????

[Edited on 28-3-2005 by jobr]
Old 29-Mar-2005, 19:41
Mille

Mood: bleedin ecstatic!
Just read this thread on the brakes issue, been doing some miles (800) on my new 749 Dark (04) and every so often been noticing a judder on the brakes which seems to be getting more pronounced, its only happened a couple of times recently (which I put down to road surface), but Ill definately be taking it to the dealer to check it out now. Thanks all, could just have saved me £££ (and limbs) by reading this....
Old 29-Mar-2005, 22:21
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
No probs - get it checked

Sorted out my Monster loan bike - I should pick it up later this week. No further news on my brakes yet.
Old 31-Mar-2005, 11:05
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by jobr
strange for such a big firm as Hursts with so many car franchises to let Ducati go! Who is getting the franchise in the North????????

[Edited on 28-3-2005 by jobr]
Apparently all of the manufacturers are looking to have a dedicated dealership in Northern Ireland. Until Ducati make a decision regarding Belfast there will only be Ducati Dublin. However, Hurst's will honour all parts and servicing for the forseeable.