Ducati Sporting Club UK
Stolen Bikes
Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 03-May-2006, 13:28
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Stolen R6 5 days old

Just heard a very sad and annoying story from one of the lads at work.

His brothers brand new R6 was stolen last night. I've been to his house and he lives in a very quiet village near Darlington. The house cannot be seen from the main road, and even if someone saw him drive into his street there are a dozen houses to choose from, so the thieves knew exactly where the bike was, locked away in his garage in a very private courtyard, impossible to see unless you are actually there.

I don't have any details on registration etc, but all i'm saying is be very carefull no matter where you live.
Old 03-May-2006, 14:04
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
I live in Darlo. One of the hartside lads is a copper in Durham and he surprised me by saying that there had been a very large increase in bike theft locally of late. So, I guess I better start taking some extra precautions.
Old 18-Jun-2006, 21:14
RCA

I guess people are still not learning, like I keep it on saying:

KEEP IT IN THE FECKING HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

That will be another fully comp claim paid out in full, cant wait to renew next time...
Old 18-Jun-2006, 21:19
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCA
I guess people are still not learning, like I keep it on saying:

KEEP IT IN THE FECKING HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

That will be another fully comp claim paid out in full, cant wait to renew next time...

What an absolutely ridiculous statement - it must be nice on your planet. I hope we're not going to go down this road again ...

Last edited by TP : 18-Jun-2006 at 21:24.
Old 18-Jun-2006, 21:20
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG
Just heard a very sad and annoying story from one of the lads at work.

His brothers brand new R6 was stolen last night. I've been to his house and he lives in a very quiet village near Darlington. The house cannot be seen from the main road, and even if someone saw him drive into his street there are a dozen houses to choose from, so the thieves knew exactly where the bike was, locked away in his garage in a very private courtyard, impossible to see unless you are actually there.

I don't have any details on registration etc, but all i'm saying is be very carefull no matter where you live.

Sorry to hear that big fella, that sucks the big one!
Old 18-Jun-2006, 21:41
RCA

No we are not, I have already made my point, months ago, which was a valid one which the majority of contributers agreed with.

12 of us in our group, riding for 10 years, all keep our bikes in the house, non of use have ever had one taken...

Draw your own conclusions Einstein.
Old 18-Jun-2006, 21:45
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCA
No we are not, I have already made my point, months ago, which was a valid one which the majority of contributers agreed with.

12 of us in our group, riding for 10 years, all keep our bikes in the house, non of use have ever had one taken...

Yeah because everyone is capable of bringing their bike into their house aren't they ...

Anyone who lives in a flat that isn't on the ground floor clearly is not entitled to own a bike ...
Old 18-Jun-2006, 21:45
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCA

Fair comment and glad it works for you, but, not everyone is in the lucky position to be able to keep their bike in the house. So it's a little harsh to say that people keeping a bike in a locked garage will never learn.
Old 18-Jun-2006, 22:48
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon749
Fair comment and glad it works for you, but, not everyone is in the lucky position to be able to keep their bike in the house. So it's a little harsh to say that people keeping a bike in a locked garage will never learn.
I think youll find it may well impact on your house insurance if you declare it! The bike should have no fuel in it what so ever!In my humble opinion, the offenders that are committing this sort of theft are quite prepared to enter your house to take the keys, so why not your bike! All you do is end up with the potential of a serious confrontation that could hurt!
Old 18-Jun-2006, 23:01
Big Twin

Good point there Andy. My garage is integral to the house and to comply with building regs it has fireproof structure i.e. ceiling. I believe the regs refer to 1hour fire resistance and building insurance would demand same because effectively your front room has become a garage.