Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 15-May-2012, 22:16
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Sean Neary Motocorse Racing 848 challenge report - R2 Assen

Sean Neary Racing News

15 May 2012

Race Report. Round 2. Assen

Race Report – Round 2 – Assen (Holland)

This has to be without doubt the most enjoyable weekend I have had while racing bikes. Assen is an awesome fast track to ride and I am still doing laps in my head! We are now 4th in the championship standings.
Qualifying
We had only completed about 13 laps on the practice day therefore the newcomers had limited time to learn the track. We qualified in 10th place for the race which I felt was a good performance as many of the riders rode at this track last year.
Race 1
A poor start meant me had it all to do from the first lap but only myself to blame for that! I settled into a rhythm and began to make my passes and make my way through. The bike had a misfire at high speed although this was nothing compared to the problems we encountered at Brands. We finished the race in 6th place which I was relatively happy with although I still don’t like people finishing in front of me!
Tony @ Motocorse after the race found that the injectors were still wet from Brands Hatch which shows how wet that weekend was. We also changed the ECU just in case this was causing the misfire.
Race 2
A now characteristic poor start saw me down in 16th on lap one. Again I got my head down and continued to make progress. The 848 race shared the track with the Swedish Twins series therefore I found myself getting held up by a Ducati 1098 as it would overtake every time I went down the straight to then hold me up in the corners. That said I managed to get by on the penultimate lap and pull out a gap eventually finishing 7th and setting my fastest lap of the weekend.
My mission before the next round it to practice my starts as they resembled a Granny setting off from the traffic lights in a Robin Reliant! If I can get stronger starts there is no doubt I will finish higher up.
The two solid finished now sees me holding 4th in the championship table which I am relatively happy with. I would like to say a massive thank you to all the Motocorse UK Racing team partners who have pulled together to enable us to compete in the 848 Challenge. Special thanks this weekend must go to Tom @ Select Logistics who helped us out with the tyres this weekend as well as all the driving he does for the team. He just needs to ditch the 80s music while travelling to the tracks and we should be ok!
Also a big shout must also go to Neil @ Cipher Secure who has agreed to sponsor us some new exhaust cans as they collapsed in race 2 at Assen. Thanks to all as without you it would not be possible to make the grid.
I will certainly miss riding the Assen circuit but will now look forward to Snetterton in just under 2 weeks’ time. Hopefully some of you will be able to make the trip down to Norfolk.
Thanks again all
Sean

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit