Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Sep-2005, 10:33
500SD

Mood: Yellow!!
Has anybody here actually done the coring themselves?

This is what I'm considering doing.

I've also found the following link from the above post from aka.eric (thanks for the link).

http://www.sportbikes.com/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=howto&Number=236597&page= 0&fpart=1

Also does anybody know where I may be able to source the parts I need, either a coring kit or the bits separately?

Thanks

[Edited on 16-9-2005 by 748IOM]
Old 16-Sep-2005, 14:52
Big Twin

ive cored my trackday pipes , i used the ducatisuite method but took a bit more care than they when making the hole inthe end. drill round it and open it up with a file, it releases the propper sound and allows much improved gas flow, i run an open pipe chip with this and it runs fine.

i wasnt able to source the perferated tube necessary to go the other method. but if you could always do this in the future if you were unahappy with the ducatisuite method
Old 17-Sep-2005, 00:00
500SD

Bought perforated pipe and wadding from JP Exhausts(excellent firm to deal with)to rebuild a Termi can.
They have a web site,sorry but cant do that highlighted link bit.
Old 18-Sep-2005, 20:26
500SD

OK well I managed to do the Ducati Suite method this weekend and I'm very pleased with the results.

No detrimental changes to the performance on a standard ecu.

Sound is much much louder but still nice and tight, overall gets the thumbs up from me.

Wasn't too difficult to do either, the metal was a bit tough but apart from that all was good.
Old 24-Sep-2005, 22:04

dont p??s about buy a set of termis take off the carbon/tit/alu. sleeves and replace them with the standard sleeves.

it looks legal sounds great lets it all go at high rpm and only costs the price of a few rivets and no problems with the mot.
Old 25-Sep-2005, 04:45
500SD

What's the point in that?

If I wanted a standard look I'd just core the exhausts as mentioned above. Be a waste buying termi's and then replacing the sleeves with standard ones (which I doubt would fit anyway!!).

I also doubt you'd pass your MOT with Termi's, they don't just look at the sleeve and think "oh they must be legal then". They do actually (or should do if they're doing their job right), test the db level output at a given rev reading.

I know they're doing such spot checks here on the island, having an e-legal stamp means nothing if it's not within the db limit.