Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Jan-2006, 12:50
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
Eric... that's why NGRRC and BEMSEE both run ACU school/test days. you get start grids and 'pretend' races, advice on suspension, racing, and scrutineering.

i think a lot of the newbies would benefit from this.

i can't say any more... i'm tried of getting my legs slapped

No Steve that's what this race series is for. Ducati Soprting Club Members to make the move to racing, or was last year at it's introduction.
I went to watch the first race at Cadwell were the hole grid was full of guys and girls doing it for the first time. Then I watched them turn in to racers during the year. so no pretend race starts or races just leaning on the job so to speak. You know what, it looked like fun so I am doing it.
Old 31-Jan-2006, 12:58
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
O yes snow racing on Sunday my favorite

Steve just to let you know, I haven't raced yet or ridden my 620 race bike . I was happy for the season to start at Cadwell but then decided that as a Racer I should use the vote to my advantage. I still don't know which way it will turn out but for me the chance to actually enter a race without the points WILL help my introduction to the grid. It will allow me to practice at Brands and enter my first race at a track I am familiar with unlike Cadwell were I have only ridden one half wet track day on a set of renn sports without wets.

Like I said my first reaction was race anyone anywhere but after long discussions in the pub with my race support group I changed my mind.
So in my case do you think thinking like this will mean I will never fulfill my ambitions as a racer?

What am I do you recon mate Wimp or Racer?

Wimp............... .last year the majority of the field were " novices " and racing on a track we never had been on before the " woodland " circuit with the scary hairpin....everyone waited for the inevitable crashes etc etc.....yet did anyone suggest we race it as non-points....did any murmour rise from the ranks of the DD novices..can we race for no points..!!....no..........we just turned up and we raced..sure i can hear the reply now " bully for you lot "...my suggestion is that if it was not a choice you would just turn up and race..

Its a race....and it will be a race ..most will push it as hard at cads for non-points as they if it was for points....thats the ones that turn up..........

The Wimp will be at Cadwell, points, no points, rain, sleet, snow or hale and as fast as a wimp can go
I like the wet and seeing is over rated
Old 31-Jan-2006, 12:59
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
Eric... that's why NGRRC and BEMSEE both run ACU school/test days. you get start grids and 'pretend' races, advice on suspension, racing, and scrutineering.

i think a lot of the newbies would benefit from this.

i can't say any more... i'm tried of getting my legs slapped

No Steve that's what this race series is for. Ducati Soprting Club Members to make the move to racing, or was last year at it's introduction.
I went to watch the first race at Cadwell were the hole grid was full of guys and girls doing it for the first time. Then I watched them turn in to racers during the year. so no pretend race starts or races just leaning on the job so to speak. You know what, it looked like fun so I am doing it.

It is fun mate AMAZING fun ...wet cold dry warm its an aweome experience..hence why 99% of the racers are back for year 2..........U will have a ball and wondered why u did not start earlier..........
Old 31-Jan-2006, 13:00
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
Quote:
O yes snow racing on Sunday my favorite

Steve just to let you know, I haven't raced yet or ridden my 620 race bike . I was happy for the season to start at Cadwell but then decided that as a Racer I should use the vote to my advantage. I still don't know which way it will turn out but for me the chance to actually enter a race without the points WILL help my introduction to the grid. It will allow me to practice at Brands and enter my first race at a track I am familiar with unlike Cadwell were I have only ridden one half wet track day on a set of renn sports without wets.

Like I said my first reaction was race anyone anywhere but after long discussions in the pub with my race support group I changed my mind.
So in my case do you think thinking like this will mean I will never fulfill my ambitions as a racer?

What am I do you recon mate Wimp or Racer?

Wimp............... .last year the majority of the field were " novices " and racing on a track we never had been on before the " woodland " circuit with the scary hairpin....everyone waited for the inevitable crashes etc etc.....yet did anyone suggest we race it as non-points....did any murmour rise from the ranks of the DD novices..can we race for no points..!!....no..........we just turned up and we raced..sure i can hear the reply now " bully for you lot "...my suggestion is that if it was not a choice you would just turn up and race..

Its a race....and it will be a race ..most will push it as hard at cads for non-points as they if it was for points....thats the ones that turn up..........

The Wimp will be at Cadwell, points, no points, rain, sleet, snow or hale and as fast as a wimp can go
I like the wet and seeing is over rated

Excellent dude........c u there then.....if we can see past the freezing fog...........Kendal mint cake at dawn..

[Edited on 31-1-2006 by fil2]