Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Mar-2005, 14:15
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Any more news on your brakes, necro?
Old 31-Mar-2005, 14:34
Montjuic

Just of the phone - Hurst's still awaiting the go-ahead from Ducati. Not sure if they've been in contact with Brembo.
What about yourself, anyword?
Old 31-Mar-2005, 15:06
Big Twin

No news news as yet. Ducati UK went to see my bike and took the brakes away with them. They then got sent to the factory and just before Easter the factory sent them on to Brembo. I'm now waiting for the chain of events to happen backwards and find out what's going to be done with my bike. I speak to my dealer again on Saturday when I hope to pick up my M1000S courtesy bike.
Old 30-Oct-2005, 18:12

front brake freeze caused accident

Hey I'm new to this forum but am a regular at ducati.ms. I had a wreck a few weeks ago on my 2001 748 and didn't really discover what caused it until yesterday. Before I wrecked I noticed that my bike was "sluggish" or had a lack of power. When I gave it more it just bogged down. I down shifted to 2cd and had the throttle back a bit. The front end came up then back down. The bike went into a tank slapper and I low side on the left side. Well, I finally got the bike back together and rode it yesterday. About the same place I wrecked from my house, bike was doing the same thing described as "sluggish" or "bogging down." Didn't downshift with more power this time. Instead I stoped the bike and noticed that once the power was off that the bike stopped quicker than usual. I tried to move the bike in neutral. It wouldn't budge. Got off and checked the front rotors, they were sizzling hot. The discovery of this was a major revelation of why I wrecked. If you ever feel the bike bogging down and front end diving, don't give it more power! Evidently, I gave it enough to get the front end airborn. Once it came down, the brakes were frozen enough to cause the bike to go into a tank slap. Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do to fix this? I have been told about the fact that water in the brake line could boil causing this problem but I recently changed the fluid. I broke open the calipers and the seals look fine.
Old 31-Oct-2005, 11:59
Big Twin

I would check your pads and callipers for a dirt build up or corrosion.
Old 31-Oct-2005, 13:15
Mille

twin fan
what were brembos/ducatis findings, I have read right thro' and can't see the conclusion

Mark
Old 31-Oct-2005, 15:14
Big Twin

In my case, there was no fault with any of the braking components on my 749S.

Ducati repaired my bike as a goodwill gesture.
Old 31-Oct-2005, 23:18
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
I remember discusing with someone somtime ago about how they determine if they (generic motor company not ducati) need to recall.

It was something along the lines of cost benefit for the company. They balance up the cost of the recall against the cost of being sued for accidents or even fatalities relating to it.

Don't know how true that was, but pretty scary when you think about it. It wasn't the fact that someone could die, more how much it would cost them if they did!

That sounds like Fight club.
Old 01-Nov-2005, 00:12

Hey, it is really cool to be emailing to a bunch of fellow Ducatisti's on the other side of the pond!
Old 01-Nov-2005, 00:28
Mille

i have had a couple of cans myself
but what are you on about