Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Mar-2005, 15:20
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I think this problem lies with the dealer though in the first instance, not Ducati UK.

There are several delears which constantly get praise on here, and several that don't fair too well.

And as people have pointed out customer service is key here. Look at the whole paddock stand saga I had with D/Mcr it was going on for months, and in the end I dropped Ducati UK an email and within a few weeks it was resolved, if it was that easy and quick to resolve why could D/Mcr do it and let the issue drag on for several months.

[Edited on 23-3-2005 by JPM]
Old 23-Mar-2005, 15:36
Montjuic

Just back from the dealer who informed me that the photo's requested by Ducati have been sent. They now have to wait for a reply, apparently the fix/replacements is dependant on what Ducati says as to whether it all gets done under warranty or not. Or the fault is with the bike...

Will wait to pass judgment on that one, as part of me feels like a good old anglo saxon rant on the subject of Ducati having to decide whether the parts are replaceable under warranty or it might have been something i've done. Like most, if not all Ducati owners, I treat my bike like it's my most treasured possession, and would take exception to anyone suggesting that the front brakes seizing was down to me!

Have to wait and see.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 15:36
GTL

So Alan has your bike been back to the dealer until it was fixed? and if not surely he is at fault for not fixing it as its only a mechanical piece of equipment at the end of the day.

If one dealer can't sort it then perhaps like JPM you need to try someone else
Old 23-Mar-2005, 15:40
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
I think this problem lies with the dealer though in the first instance, not Ducati UK.
[Edited on 23-3-2005 by JPM]

Think you're right there John, but if Ducati UK have taken it upon themselves to "allow" these dealers to have the franchise, then surely the buck stops there. For any problem to have escalated to the point of sending e-mail to DUK without satisfactory dealer resolution then surely warnign bells should have been sounding in their offices a long time ago. One only has to look at some of the threads in this forum.
WRT the problem being with the dealer, how serious a problem does it have to be before the manufacturers UK HQ gets involved?

Quote:
back to dealer till fixed
each time it went in it was head scratching and "well, it's alright now when we start it"
Some people don't have sufficient resources to be able to take time out get the bike to "other" dealers. no disrespect to anyone on board.

[Edited on 23-3-2005 by guest1]

Old 23-Mar-2005, 15:47
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Quote:
Just back from the dealer who informed me that the photo's requested by Ducati have been sent. They now have to wait for a reply, apparently the fix/replacements is dependant on what Ducati says as to whether it all gets done under warranty or not

This is exactly the situation I'm in, only due to the subsequent accident damage to my bike no-one wants to pay up. Someone somewhere is liable - be it the dealer, Ducati UK, Ducati Sp or Brembo - but no-one wants to pay out until liability is sorted

Not the way to treat customers of a prestige marque who have spent £10,000+ on your motorcycle in my opinion.

[Edited on 23-3-2005 by Twinfan]
Old 23-Mar-2005, 15:52
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
Not the way to treat customers of a prestige marque who have spent £10,000+ on your motorcycle in my opinion.

Ditto
Old 23-Mar-2005, 16:05
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan

Ditto
After what you've been through I would have thought that the least, and I mean the very least you're owed is an abject apology and some form of compensation. Not waiting around without a bike, for someone to decide you fate when you could have lost your life. My biggest fear when I bought the 749, was to have a 3yr debt and no bike to ride due to me making a stupid mistake, at least I have the courtesy bike which sweetens the pill somewhat.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 16:08
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I'm trying to be fair as I had to start an insurance claim and my insurers held things up for 3 weeks. They completed what they needed to do 2 weeks ago, so I'm now starting to lose my patience somewhat.

I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow afternoon for an update, where I'm expecting an answer.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 16:22
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
As this is a serious safety issue please consider informing VOSA the goverment agency responsible.

From their website..

VOSA conduct Roadworthiness inspections on vehicles involved in accidents where it is suspected that there may have been a contributory mechanical defect. This enables us to further investigate reports of alleged safety defects in vehicles and components. In the case of serious recurring safety faults, manufacturers conduct a recall under the code of practice for vehicle safety defects that is administered and supervised by VOSA.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 16:54
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by necroscope
.... at least I have the courtesy bike which sweetens the pill somewhat.

Owing to other courtesy bikes being dropped, D/Mcr no longer run courtesy bikes.
GREAT!
Utter friggin ****ing ****ing **** farcical