Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 16-Dec-2005, 16:59
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Ben Bostrom

Bostrom smashes lap record, 999 on Monday

December 13, 2005

Chris Martin

If anyone wasn't taking Ben Bostrom's latest return to the AMA Superbike Championship seriously prior to the Daytona tire test, they’ve officially been put on notice. In his first ever ride aboard Ducati Corse’s notoriously finicky 999 racer, Bostrom immediately found himself at home on the bike and even challenging ’05 runner-up Ben Spies for fast lap honors.

The Californian actually held down the fastest lap when he called it a day about an hour early on Monday following a low-speed crash in the infield that left his machine much worse for wear.

Bostrom, who was perfectly fine following the spill, explained what happened, “My foot slipped off the rear brake and I was going to run off the track and I just lost the front. The infield corner -- the left -- it’s really important to stay on the rear brake and slide the bike in…

“I’ve had a little bit of trouble on the weekend. I should have probably extended the brake pedal and the shifter but I didn’t and I paid the price. My foot slipped off and then I was all on the front brake and trying not to run off into the grass. I panicked a little bit and grabbed too much front brake and locked the front.

“I thought it was going to be a very easy crash. It was for the rider, but the bike ended up flipping. It tore the swingarm in half so it’s kind of a bummer.”

Despite the fall, the new Ducati Austin runner was very pleased with how quickly he came to grips with his new machine.

“I’m very surprised. I just expected to come and hang out, ride the bike and wait for the next test. But as it turned out, on day one I said, ‘I love this bike,’ and when you like a bike the times come a lot easier.”
Old 16-Dec-2005, 21:28
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Very early days, obviously. But it's good to see Ben doing well again. It'll be good for Hodgson as well.
Old 16-Dec-2005, 21:49
Big Twin

Ditto ben should go well next year

It's a shame he could not cut it in wsb.
Old 16-Dec-2005, 22:28
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by AGE996

It can't be easy trying to run a road bike in WSB

[Edited on 16-12-2005 by Felix]
Old 16-Dec-2005, 22:35
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix
Quote:
Originally posted by AGE996

[Edited on 16-12-2005 by Felix]

As I remember it he did so so first time around in WSB.

but he did not set wsb on fire
Old 17-Dec-2005, 11:36
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Quote:

Meaning what exactley felix?,cos that blade was far from a road bike mate !
Old 22-Dec-2005, 04:36

Oh yeah, that's what I like to see! Ben is one of my favorite racers and an autographed 8x10 of him on his 1999 #1 plate Ducati is one of my most prized possessions. I'm very glad to see him returning to Ducati (kind of offsets my disappointment to have picked up my less than favorite - Gibernau) and ecstatic to see that the bikes are agreeing with his tastes already. With Boz and Hodgson, it should be a great year to give Mladin a run for his money. Can't wait for April and my trip to Barber!
Old 22-Dec-2005, 11:18
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Simon actually Renegade had 2 bikes, one a tuned road bike with all the kit, and another which was a road bike with a few toys, BB destroyed the pukka bike at Valencia from memory and had to run the road bike in the 2nd race.

I like BB, get him on a decent bike and he's in with a shout look at him now, first time out and already ahead of Hodgson who's been riding a similar bike for 2 years
Old 22-Dec-2005, 12:20
Ducati Meccanica

JPM, aren't you supposed to be skiing or something? Is it too cold outside, then?
Old 22-Dec-2005, 12:28
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Back now, but too lazy to update my mood etc, boarding anyway, skiing is for the old timers

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit