Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Nov-2005, 17:56
Big Twin

Martin, how much are you guys doing the 57mm system for?
Old 08-Nov-2005, 20:50
Ducati Dealer
Mille
Bikes: 1098R Track Bike

Mood: Dealer of the Year 2008
Sent you a u2u.
Old 08-Nov-2005, 22:34
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Quote:
Originally posted by iang
Martin, A few weeks back someone mentioned that there is some full system pipework available to convert the assymetric system to a full system using the original assymetric back box, do you know the part number and price for this and is it available now ?

It is in the new catalouge apparently.

Hmm, thats sounds wrong, given the size of the pipes difference at the entry into the box.

Its, strangely enough equal on the 57mm system at 57mm..............and assymetric on the assymetric system...ie unequal sizes!

Its true,....but its for the 999S '05.
Pages 50/51 of the DP catalogue.
Part no.96445205B
'Transformation kit to change assymetric exhaust into complete 2-1-2 assembly with 54mm steel muffler,dedicated control unit and high efficiency air filters.'

:P:P:P
Old 08-Nov-2005, 23:04
Mille

Picky of the " none existant kit " termi 05 999s , who knows wot it,ll fit

[Edited on 9-11-2005 by ace]
Old 09-Nov-2005, 00:05
Big Twin

Yes, Thank you keefyB and Ace, Knew I was not going mad.

If the pipes fit the 999S they should also fit any other bike with the deep sump engine and new swinging arm, it will only be the ecu that would be of no use.

Usually the pipework can be bought separately so without the ecu it will not work out that expensive, cmon Martin do your homework :P
Old 09-Nov-2005, 06:38
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
I would put the Leo vinci miles above the termi in both quality andf fit,sounds the mutts as well.
leo vinci gave 10 bhp increase over std when set up on dyno,far more than termis(termi quality seems to have taken a nose dive recently).
In my oppinion the LV looks far better than the trmi as well
Butch
Old 09-Nov-2005, 11:34
Ducati Dealer
Mille
Bikes: 1098R Track Bike

Mood: Dealer of the Year 2008
OOOPS Your right iang,
just checked the ref in the catalogue!

Even called Duc UK on it yesterday specifically "to make sure!" before replying

They / me had never heard of it (never supplied one) and to be honest I didn't study the catalogue to check. Oh well, a lesson learned here.

The transformation kit is a shade off £950. I'm told the catalogue doesn't list separate parts, without spending a while on the phone I don't know if you can split it!
After you've bought asymetric plus conversion kit plus powercommander it's gonna be close to the price of a Termi / Leo Vinci 57mm anyway.

There is also the Termi availability that could be a serious issue. (haven't asked that question as yet, see previous threads!)

As to horsepower, just called JHP / Ducati Coventry and apparently both systems give "much of a muchness" with respect to power hikes!

Guess it's down to name / looks / finish. After doing my homework (this time) Sounds like butch may be right, the Leo Vinci 57mm is the (albeit a bit more costly) way to go!!

Anyone want a second hand Termi!!!!!

Martin
Old 09-Nov-2005, 12:13
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Quote:
Martin, A few weeks back someone mentioned that there is some full system pipework available to convert the assymetric system to a full system using the original assymetric back box, do you know the part number and price for this and is it available now ?

It is in the new catalouge apparently.

Hmm, thats sounds wrong, given the size of the pipes difference at the entry into the box.

Its, strangely enough equal on the 57mm system at 57mm..............and assymetric on the assymetric system...ie unequal sizes!

Its true,....but its for the 999S '05.
Pages 50/51 of the DP catalogue.
Part no.96445205B
'Transformation kit to change assymetric exhaust into complete 2-1-2 assembly with 54mm steel muffler,dedicated control unit and high efficiency air filters.'

:P:P:P

Note the steel muffler bit! turns out we could both be right? You do need to change the rear box! So what are you getting, everything except the front pipe? and a heavy steel back box?

Id go for the ti box/ steel pipe mix myself in 57mm!
Old 09-Nov-2005, 15:06
Big Twin

I myself cannot justify the £2800 for the proper 749R termi system so that is why I bought the 749R assymetric system.

The weight difference between the s/steel and titanium back box makes no difference to me nor to the performance and for what difference the weight is will it 'really' make any difference to the bike ?

When I heard of this kit to convert to the full system I just thought that it might be a cheaper alternative to buying a full system especially so with me already having the back box, filters and ecu along with a pc3.
At £950 it is a ridiculous price without a back box but if it could be bought without the filters and ecu which are probably about £500 it could be worth going for especially with a bit of discount.

I know the assymetric system retails for about £1100 ( £850 with discount )but am unsure what the prices of the full systems are apart from the £2800 for the 749R version ( £2200 with discount ) which is way beyond what I would like to pay.

Are they cheaper in USA if the taxes can be avoided ?
Old 09-Nov-2005, 15:10
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
I myself cannot justify the £2800 for the proper 749R termi system so that is why I bought the 749R assymetric system.

The weight difference between the s/steel and titanium back box makes no difference to me nor to the performance and for what difference the weight is will it 'really' make any difference to the bike ?

When I heard of this kit to convert to the full system I just thought that it might be a cheaper alternative to buying a full system especially so with me already having the back box, filters and ecu along with a pc3.
At £950 it is a ridiculous price without a back box but if it could be bought without the filters and ecu which are probably about £500 it could be worth going for especially with a bit of discount.

I know the assymetric system retails for about £1100 ( £850 with discount )but am unsure what the prices of the full systems are apart from the £2800 for the 749R version ( £2200 with discount ) which is way beyond what I would like to pay.

Are they cheaper in USA if the taxes can be avoided ?

But didnt you pay near a grand for the asymetric system originally? add that to the cost of the conversion kit = the price of buying the proper system in the first place?