Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Sep-2004, 20:29
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Sherpa Tensing on Coll 13 is a dab hand servicing my 996. I can get 180 in third down the north face now! Sherpa Tensing is working on an improved braking system as we speak.
Old 30-Sep-2004, 10:21
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
I have a scottoiler on my ST4S, and the vacuum pipe is connected to the rear cylinder manifold.
Go to the ST section (one down from this) and have a look for a scottoiler post. It has photos of where the pipe is connected (posted up by some nice people when I asked about fitting one).

Basically you locate a screw that is normally used for balancing and fit one of the brass connectors supplied with the oiler kit in place of the blanking screw.

I know a guy that has a scottoiler fitted to a 998S too, so it must be possible on the later engines.

HTH.

Cheers,
John.
Old 30-Sep-2004, 14:21
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
servocong

Hi i live in Scunthorpe and have a ride into Lincoln regular, always pop in at Italia for a look, i have never dealt with them but a freind who had a 916 always told me they did a good job servicing his bike. Although i have had 2 trips to Neils at cornerspeed and he does an excellent job for a excellent price, therefore my bike aint goin anywere but Corner speed in the future!
Old 01-Oct-2004, 12:25
Montjuic

A pal with a 748 has a scottoiler and the meter/reservoir fitted under the seat suffers from the heat. Even with the thicker oil and on minimum setting, it dumps onto the tyre in warmer weather - yikes!