Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Feb-2005, 09:05
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Leathers

What are you guys doing about lids leathers etc.......Im sure like most i have a couple of sets....1 Very good matching etc the other good but not matching and older, same with lid etc......if you have 2 or more good sets that fit and match great but if not what are the thought. Wear the best you have to feel good and look good and offer great protection and run the risk of scuffing the hell outa them or Wear the older set not so fitting etc but dont care if you scuff them..??

Just curious

ps...NO weighing the leathers guys...

Phil
Old 10-Feb-2005, 09:14
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i've only got one set of everything. reasonably good condition so i will use that stuff and if i come off and ruin anything will then get some new ones, rather than shell out now.
Old 10-Feb-2005, 10:17
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
ebay is your friend i have 2 of everything apart from leathers.... only because i keep destroying them

AND you are a lean mean fighting machine now.....
Old 10-Feb-2005, 11:04
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
As the mans says, Ebay etc for low cost kit. The big rule is obviously wear the best protection you can, but bank on falling off and see how your budget for racing goes when you've wrecked your £400 Arai, £1000 leathers, £100 gloves and £200 boots - not funny. I bought two excellent sets of Wolf leathers for £125 each, one set has been crashed several times and still usable, (go well with the state of my CB500, but Monty would not allow me to wear them on the TZ ). The other set are still in the loft unused. My expensive No Limits leathers that my sponsor insists I wear, actually slow me down because I don't want to fall off and mess them up.

WeeJohnyB
Old 10-Feb-2005, 11:52
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"My expensive No Limits leathers that my sponsor insists I wear, actually slow me down because I don't want to fall off and mess them up."

Is that a fact?
Would this be by any chance the same 'expensive set of leathers' that I have seen at MJK scuffed to hell and back-you know, the ones you fell of wearing at least 4 times last season to my certain knowledge??

John
Old 10-Feb-2005, 12:19
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I only have one set of leathers at the moment, I didn't have a one piece suit before I committed to the series so I bought some from Ducati while we were in Italy. I'll have two lids, two pairs of boots before we start though. Maybe I should think about gloves as well.

Hrmmm
Old 10-Feb-2005, 12:23
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by tp-996
I only have one set of leathers at the moment, I didn't have a one piece suit before I committed to the series so I bought some from Ducati while we were in Italy. I'll have two lids, two pairs of boots before we start though. Maybe I should think about gloves as well.

Hrmmm

u r not going to where them nice corsa ducati leathers are you..!! i heard they are a bit heavy and offer to much wind resistance.?
Old 10-Feb-2005, 12:29
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
bugger!

anyone want a set?

are they ok now, but if people feel they are being dissadvantaged will i have to get rid of them?
Old 10-Feb-2005, 12:36
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
bugger!

anyone want a set?

are they ok now, but if people feel they are being dissadvantaged will i have to get rid of them?

Dont do that !!!! your 655big bore kit will compensate any hiderance offered by them shiny leathers.

Phil
Old 10-Feb-2005, 12:44
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
u r not going to where them nice corsa ducati leathers are you..!! i heard they are a bit heavy and offer to much wind resistance.?

Yep

Too many poncey white bits on them, need to give them that worn in look

I don't know how Ange would take me asking for another set just now. Are there people doing repairs at the rounds if I put a hole in them or something?