Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 09-Jul-2006, 23:37

Adjustable Race Yokes For Road Based 996 Race Bike??

Hi Guys ,

I am interested in getting hold of some non wide track forks race fork yokes for our 996 race bike as I think it will be a good mod.

It seems the race position given by the standard accentric adjuster is too extreme and I want to be able to adjust it to suit track by track to suit the Mag arm we are running.

Any one got any ideas on this?

Google throws up nothing accept Harris and Spondon.

Harris only list a top Yoke for 996 which is non adjustable.

Anyone know if wide track yokes fit standard bike and Ohlins R+T type forks?

Is it just the caliper mounts that are different?

Anyone here want to sell me a set of adjustabe yokes for the bike?

Etc.

Tom
Old 09-Jul-2006, 23:56
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Tom I have Robby Moto adjustable offset Billet yokes in my 996 that suit the extended swingarm well, the bike is only used for road use at the moment.

Dallas has a different bearing carrier in his headstock (Ex Les Liney Bike)that makes it non adjustable but is set to suit the mag arm and the race track

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Jul-2006, 00:08
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
http://www.carpimoto.it/content/prod...48_916_996.htm

Also Harris will do a set of there adjustable offset yokes to fit a Ducati, Steve Harris told me this himself and on there website it says as much by offering yokes in all dimensions and then just lists the standard selection.

"YOKE SPECIFICATIONS

C.N.C. machined from H30 aluminium, these yokes are designed to facilitate adjustment to the fork offset by rotating an eccentrically mounted steering stem. The massive triple clamp bolt bottom yoke ensures absolute front fork rigidity and is the same system employed by all factory teams in World Superbike racing.

Changing the width between the centre of the fork legs and the centre of the yokes steering stem alters the "trail". This in turn changes the steering characteristics of the motorcycle.

We supply these yokes to accept fork legs from 45mm and in either 210mm or 214mm centres. Offset adjustment is from 20 to 40mm depending on stem supplied. Each set of Triple Clamp yokes come with 2 sets of offset inserts that are appropriate for the machine specified. Additional offsets are available at £30.00 plus VAT.

Listed below is our standard selection of Harris Adjustable Triple Bolt Yokes. For non-standard fitting with different wheels, forks or handlebars, please contact us to discuss your requirements.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-Jul-2006, 12:21

Cheers Skids

Thanks for the reply Kev.

Any idea where I could get another bearing carrier made that sits somewhere between road and race position?

Your robbie Moto ones adjustable via an accentric like the harris one or via inserts?

Cheers

Tom

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit