Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 27-Apr-2009, 15:37
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
F1 versus MOTOGP

ok, so F1 has been really dull for years and has recently picked up with some of the changes they have made and last years interest in Hamilton winning.

I haven't watched it properly for years, but bumped into watching the first race by accident and thoroughly enjoyed it.... and it has only got better in last couple of races. Now I am looking forward to the next race and for the first time in a decade maybe, i will actually plan to watch it.

This is partially the Brit interest, partially the excellent commentary and pre-race build up and interviews and mostly the entertaining racing.

Whereas.........

MotoGP has a lot to learn. They have lost their way, just like F1 did and now I find it quite boring (I actually fell asleep three times during the race and WeeMrsB had to give me a kick to tell me I was missing the race).

For the first time ever, I wouldn't mind missing MotoGP. The 'racing' is just dull and doesn't have the package around it to keep it entertaining, (Parrish and Cox are really not very engaging speakers).

Contrast to WSB!

Go Jenson Button!

Views?

WeeJohnyB
Old 27-Apr-2009, 15:55
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Have to agree, despite MotoGP having the obvious superstar-in-residence F1 is pretty much as appealing (at least for the first few laps). Don't suppose I'd be saying that if Ferrari/Maclaren were clearing off from the front though....

And while WSB is undoubtedly a miles better series than both of them it's WSS that's really cookin' at the moment. I've also got a feeling that once Mr Spies bad luck leaves he'll dominate WSB, he just looks sooo much more confident than anyone else.

AB
Old 27-Apr-2009, 16:09
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
it's WSS that's really cookin' at the moment.
Agreed!
Another fantastic race this weekend at Assen.
Old 27-Apr-2009, 16:25
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Agreed!
Another fantastic race this weekend at Assen.

Yep WSS was the best Loon fest of the weekend by a looooong way.

Although the WSBK front runners didn't take any prisoners in race 1.

F1 is better than it was and for the first time in a long time I find myself watching the highlights on the beeb.

Moto GP does have its moments, there are battles but rarely a race long battle at the front. Too few bikes on the grid/on the pace.

Ray.

Last edited by Ray : 27-Apr-2009 at 16:29.
Old 27-Apr-2009, 17:23
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
ok, so F1 has been really dull for years and has recently picked up with some of the changes they have made and last years interest in Hamilton winning.

I haven't watched it properly for years, but bumped into watching the first race by accident and thoroughly enjoyed it.... and it has only got better in last couple of races. Now I am looking forward to the next race and for the first time in a decade maybe, i will actually plan to watch it.

This is partially the Brit interest, partially the excellent commentary and pre-race build up and interviews and mostly the entertaining racing.

Whereas.........

MotoGP has a lot to learn. They have lost their way, just like F1 did and now I find it quite boring (I actually fell asleep three times during the race and WeeMrsB had to give me a kick to tell me I was missing the race).

For the first time ever, I wouldn't mind missing MotoGP. The 'racing' is just dull and doesn't have the package around it to keep it entertaining, (Parrish and Cox are really not very engaging speakers).

Contrast to WSB!

Go Jenson Button!

Views?

WeeJohnyB

Must be somthing to do with your age : the sleep I mean
Old 27-Apr-2009, 17:37
Mille

Mood: Splodge ness abounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
Have to agree, despite MotoGP having the obvious superstar-in-residence F1 is pretty much as appealing (at least for the first few laps). Don't suppose I'd be saying that if Ferrari/Maclaren were clearing off from the front though....

And while WSB is undoubtedly a miles better series than both of them it's WSS that's really cookin' at the moment. I've also got a feeling that once Mr Spies bad luck leaves he'll dominate WSB, he just looks sooo much more confident than anyone else.

AB

Yep I think you are dead right, I was more interested in F1 than Moto GP and WSB was Great, WSS was the best race on telly all weekend..

Though I think others will challenge in WSB as the year goes on with confidence and bikes improving, the likes of Mr J Rea, Tom Sykes amongst them

DP
Old 27-Apr-2009, 18:44
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
SuperStock takes some beating for actually mixing it and having some good action. GP is a bit like a qualifing session, just going round and round with no action. 4D
Old 27-Apr-2009, 18:49
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
I agree too. I watched the F1 at the w/e and found it much better than previous years, although there's still far too much pit stop strategy involved which takes away the element of proper wheel to wheel racing... so I'm thinking they should change the format to two shorter races, thus eliminating the "just wait behind him Lewis, he's stopping in 2 laps" - then that instruction becomes "Go on fella, get him!"

GP needs more bikes. How that can be achieved I don't know! Maybe some major cost restrictions, or less points for only entering a 2 bike team? Dunno, just speculating.

WSS, great races, nearly always edge of the seat stuff!
Old 27-Apr-2009, 23:58
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
I agree too. I watched the F1 at the w/e and found it much better than previous years, although there's still far too much pit stop strategy involved

Let's not forget that, never mind the pitstop strategy, a lot of races almost seem to be decided in the courtroom with protests over everyone who gets a drop on anyone else, rather than on the track where it should be.

Have to admit though, this weekends F1 was more absorbing than MotoGP which was boring, but not quite as boring as Qatar.

Can't spealk about WSS cos I aint got Sky

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 28-Apr-2009, 00:53
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
have also found myself for the first time in probably 20 years watching F1. WSS preferable to WSBK although both better than GP...but think 125 gp a very close run thing for excitement to WSS

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit