Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Oct-2005, 00:37
Montjuic

What a Weapon

Just got the 749 Bip run-in (1500miles). This bike is an absolute weapon on a twisty road, and it loves to wheelie, I find it comfortable for touring as well. The only fault I've got is with the tickover, it doesn't seem to stay adjusted to what I want for more than a few seconds before ticking over so low that it sometimes stalls. This is dangerous and if I can't get it sorted next summer the bike will be going as I can't tollerate bullshit engine management. In the meantime I'll thrash the absolute nuts off it to get my moneys worth time it's still under waranty. At the end of the day its just another bike purchased for its performance so I won't treat it any different to a jap bike.
I hope the tickover problem can be sorted, (the shop told me the day I got it that it wasn't adjustable) as I'll be sad to see it go.
Old 17-Oct-2005, 06:26
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Yep,the tickover is adjustable.
There is a bung in the airbox to remove to gain access to the screws.(Oops,just seen your other post.)But you knew that!
Is the bike still under warrenty?Might be a duff ECU.

[Edited on 17-10-2005 by KeefyB]
Old 17-Oct-2005, 22:06
Montjuic

Yes but it seems to be a common problem looking at my other thread. I was on a bit of a downer on that last post and it only cuts out about once every other ride, I guess I can live with it, if it gets worst I'll have to take it back to where I got it serviced. I can't seem to adjust it out with the adjuster in the airbox, although it was a lot worst before I adjusted it the other day.
I think maybe the cooler weather may be whats affecting it.
Old 22-Oct-2005, 00:03

Is it stalling?
Old 23-Oct-2005, 10:57

Mood: Brused and Battered
you need to adjust the idle so it settles at just over the 1000rpm