Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 06-Feb-2012, 08:46
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Thumbs up London Bike Show - Excel

My wife and I really enjoyed our day out at the London bike show.

The event was small, but well worth a visit. It was good to chat to Antonye whislt we visited the DSC stand. Looking forward to our trackday!

Cold and snowy on the way home though - in the car!

Best regards,

James
Old 06-Feb-2012, 10:46

I thought it was a really good show too. Did you manage to get a go on the electric bikes on the gymkhana course? Was a double first for me that as have been interested in the gymkhana format for a while and am fascinated by electric bikes (yes I think they are the future eventually). I managed to spend far far more than I intended too lol and came home with some decent winter riding kit and a few other bits
Old 06-Feb-2012, 11:13
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Thumbs up

Great to see everyone - I'm just a bit knackered today having spent the last 4 days on my feet and talking to people!

Thursday and Friday were very slow, but Saturday more than made up for it. We thought it was going to be dead on Sunday given the reports that the country would grind to a halt, but it turned out to be just as busy as Saturday!

We gave away nearly 500 flyers over the 4 days, talked to loads of people who didn't know there were such things as Ducati owners clubs, let alone knew about the DSC, and plenty that wanted to come on the factory trip, trackday and even a few wanting more info on DD racing!

We've made some good contacts as well, and we have a couple of really exciting offers which we will be letting you know about over the next couple of weeks, and more events to come.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!