Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Nov-2006, 21:46
GTL

Mood: anamorphic with overtones of sanguineness!
Ride day

Not that it has anything to do with anything. Had a shop "Classic" ride day yesterday. 26 bikes all thundering along, very impressive. Even had an original one of these. $100000 worth of bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg green frame.jpg (141.6 KB, 55 views)
Old 26-Nov-2006, 23:41
GTL

Yep it was great, started to get a bit hot later on. But fear not today is rubbish.
Old 26-Nov-2006, 23:47
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgriff
Yep it was great, started to get a bit hot later on. But fear not today is rubbish.

That looks the shopfront of V2, is that right? I test rode a 900SS from that shop a few years ago, the bloke wouldn't give me much for my VTR1000 so we didn't do a deal.

Oh well.
Old 27-Nov-2006, 00:19
GTL

Yep thats Bob ( Looks like Jabba the Hutt) for you. Two reasons for the trade in thing. First you can actually get a better price if you sell your bike privately, and second he can't sell your bike himself he has to wholesale it to another Jap dealer. Pitty really, as we get guys in who would probably buy a bike then and there if he did the trade in thing.
Dealers get a bad rep generally, but being on the inside, I can see where they are coming from. Don't get me wrong, they are out to make a dollar, they need to eat too. I think,"Hard to please all of the people all of the time", sums it up.

Griff
Old 27-Nov-2006, 10:25
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
well there's dealers and then there's stealers.............
Old 27-Nov-2006, 10:32
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
It was in Jan '02 IIRC ...

He wasn't a fat guy, he came out on the test ride with me. I see that V2 are the official solus dealer in Brisbane now - Ducati Brisbane?
Old 27-Nov-2006, 13:03
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
It was in Jan '02 IIRC ...

He wasn't a fat guy, he came out on the test ride with me. I see that V2 are the official solus dealer in Brisbane now - Ducati Brisbane?

Must have been Bevan or Scott the mechanics, or Tim or myself, if it was on a Saturday. Tim and I are pathetic really, but it gets us away from the wife and we get to drink coffee and talk bike stuff, and of coarse check out the new toys. 1098's weeeeee!

Solus. Probably, I'd have to ask. Who knows what Bob sells.

We do get to hear hot poop but. This week 1098's. First shipment sold. First 17 before the dealers knew the price. Didn't get that with 999's 998's or 996's. Public thinks it's a hot bit of kit.
Old 27-Nov-2006, 13:30
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by loony888
well there's dealers and then there's stealers.............

Now now Paul, if you knew what I know, you be wondering why anybody even wants to be a Ducati dealer.
Old 28-Nov-2006, 08:59
Mille

Mood: sensational!!
i too have a close friend who owns a dealership, and yes i know what NFI put them through, but some people should have sold up a long time ago as they have an obvious disrespect of customers in general. (unless of course you're one of the childhood mates in the clique........)
Old 28-Nov-2006, 14:13
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by loony888
i too have a close friend who owns a dealership, and yes i know what NFI put them through, but some people should have sold up a long time ago as they have an obvious disrespect of customers in general. (unless of course you're one of the childhood mates in the clique........)
Not me I'm from Victoria! But I know what your saying. What you don't know is his "mates" at one time or another have chipped in and kept his business afloat, and are repaid in kind.
You going to Bevs on Sat for chrissy drinks?