Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Aug-2004, 21:50
500SD

Mood: ready to race
ON YOUR BIKE

That what i was more or les told when i phoned up on your bike to book a service on my new multistrada i picked up wenesday ,done the 600 miles by the weekend so phoned monday morning to book it in as was told a months time . so i asked about my warrenty if i go over the 600 miles the bloke in service said dodgy grounds cant coment ,so i said i brought a bike paid £8.500 pounds had it four days and now i cant ride it for a month , he replies if you can find some where who can do it sooner take it there., any way sales should have told you to book it in when you picked it up , like i now when im going to 600 miles ????? . so i ring sales have moan they were quick enouth to get it redy in a couple of days when i whonted it with all the extras
whot after sales care , still theve had my money i supose still 1 hour later phone call now a week on friday the thirteenth woops seems like months away ow yea and its going to cost another £199
pounds it can only get better, still its worth it great fun to ride:(:(:(:(

[Edited on 3-8-2004 by Senna3]

Old 04-Aug-2004, 11:02
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
199quid for the first service!!!They are taking the peese!!
Seriously tho,I have heard this before about OYB and their poor customer service.Marko never took his ST4 back there again.Some folks rave about them tho,I guess its down to individual personalities.
Its a reflection on how popular Dukes are these days when you have to wait a month for a service.Those good 'ol boys at Italia always get the 1st service booked in as you pick your new bike up.The service is usually free of labour and all it costs is around fourty quid for oils,filters etc.
BTW,my Multinoodle had just over 1300 miles on the clock at the first service,oh and done the DSC track day at Mallory!
Old 04-Aug-2004, 11:12
Ducati Corse

Couple of things. Ducati now charge for the first service labour - I got caught out in March - it's in the service book small print. Second - I was told to put as many miles as possible on before the first service by Snells and to treat the 600 miles as a minimum in order to ensure that the engine was truly bedded in before fully synthetic oil was used.

Get out there and ride
Old 04-Aug-2004, 13:47
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
When I picked the bike up new I booked it in for it's first service at 2 weeks old, it had 790 miles on when it went in as I was told the same about treating the 600 as a minimum. That was Saturday 20th Sept last year nearly a year later and I'm due for an annual service and I've only done 2500 miles Never mind, soon be Popham Mega meet again
Old 04-Aug-2004, 14:16
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
£199!!!

Is the multistrada/strudel/strimmer soooo different from the M1000 I have?
Its 1st service (with the wonderful Snells) earlier this year, was way cheaper! Had to wait 10 days then, but went in with almost 800 miles by the time it was done.

C
Old 04-Aug-2004, 14:57
Big Twin

Isn't it the case that Ducati have *always* said in the service booklet that they charge for the first service, but in the past, have "semi-officially" agreed to free labour?

[Edited on 4-8-2004 by moto748]
Old 04-Aug-2004, 15:00
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Never mind, soon be Popham Mega meet again

After last year a rather significant event for you to be at Paul

look forward to seeing you again
Old 04-Aug-2004, 15:01
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
and I think you will find that the £199 is the figure without VAT!!!

yes the numptystrada is very different to the monster in that it yakes and hour or so to get the bodywork off. - Ask them to take the air box restrictors out whilst they are in there.

What is odd about this "extra charge" is that Ducati UK like their bikes sold with the first service price included in the initial buy price. i would to check with Sales to ask why they did not charge you this at point o sale, - or did they?
Old 04-Aug-2004, 17:30
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
I negotiated a 1st service with F.O.C. Labour when I did the deal for the bike.I can assure you nothing was added to the purchase price to cover this. A little bit of forthought goes a long way. Iv'e just changed oil & filter and the cost of the filter was cheaper than that for the ZRX 1200 I had previously or for my Deauville my wife's Hornet and GPZ 500s
Old 20-Aug-2004, 14:04

OYB

I had similar problems with OYB when I bought my MS from them in June. Sales don't give a t@ss once they've got your business.
The service guys seem ok (except that my bike was dangerous when I collected it) but there is a serious lack of communication between the two departments.

For what it's worth - I did the first service myself (except the cambelt tension) because they couldn't fit it in and they said it wouldn't affect the warranty. They then tried to back-track on this, which is when I got their MD invloved who sorted it out.