Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Jan-2005, 21:02
Big Twin

Mood: happy
clutch slave cyl

is there one particular make which is better than the standard one, just seen an evoluzione one at spareshack, but you cant go on looks alone.
Old 29-Jan-2005, 21:11
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
I have the one you describe fitted to my Numptystrada and it works perfectly. Having said that I'm sure that there are other brands out there that are equally good
Old 30-Jan-2005, 08:19
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Support Nelly...he does em too....£100

http://www.cornerspeed.co.uk/pages/access.html

[Edited on 30-1-2005 by Iconic944ss]
Old 30-Jan-2005, 09:45
Big Twin

im on the case, blimey, may as well open an account with nelly, I can see lots of spending.
Old 30-Jan-2005, 11:30
500SD

Hi adam

Got mine from this guy, just up the road from you if you want to see one be for you buy

Mike

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW
Old 30-Jan-2005, 11:57
Big Twin

Mike, where is this guy based? do you find the clutch easier to use?
Old 30-Jan-2005, 12:28
500SD

The guy is in Germany where they are made, the clutch is significantly improved
Old 30-Jan-2005, 13:19
Bevel Head

Mood: Neutral - but only maybe. 1994 Duc 916S1, 2006 Duc Sportclassic 1000 Sport
Fitted one of Nellys to my 916 last year and would recommend it - it's is much bettter than the standard cylinder.

The problem with aftermarket slaves which claim to reduce lever pressure 30% etc is that the master cyclinder is only still moving the same amount of fluid as when the standard slave was fitted. The reduction in lever pressure is achieved by the slave cylinder having a larger bore which makes the clutch action easier. Conseqently because the fluid volume being moved by the master cylinder is unchanged the piston does not move as far as the standard one which also reduces the travel of the clutch pushrod and so you can have problems with the clutch not disengaging correctly or as smoothly as it should.

So think carefully before going for aftermarket cylinders which claim large reductions of lever pressure.

Nelly claims, sorry if I get the figure wrong Neil, a reduction of about 10% in the lever pressure which is very noticable when riding the bike in traffic etc, when to be honest the standard clutch action is a pain, whilst not being to much to cause any trouble with clutch engamnet/disengagement.

So I support Iconic944ss - go for Nellys every time
Old 30-Jan-2005, 15:14
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Right Mike, and the higher the force-reduction percentage of the slave, the less the clutch pushrod is moved, so the more likely that your clutch will not fully disengage. Usually this causes difficulty moving the selector to neutral because the plates are dragging.

However, you can compensate if you change the 4-position adjustment so that the clutch lever will engage at a point a little farther away from the handlebar. This will increase the fluid stroke volume and move the pushrod more.

The 20% reduction slave like the one from Evoluzione is probably the practical limit here.