Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Feb-2005, 19:08
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Nick - they're for the ZX - I'm looking for tyres that'll work in the dry and wet too.

I don't want to **** about with swapping wheels on the ZX on the track, its not a race bike after all!!! - but want some decent tyres that I can use for trackdays this year in all conditions.

I've got some Supercorsas for use in Spain, as the weather WILL be sunny, but the UK is a different story.

Tim
Old 15-Feb-2005, 19:34
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Well if it's a compromise between wet and dry use tim, then bridgestone is the word imo!
My gp's are excellent on a dry track and acceptable on a wet one.
The 207rr's i had before were i tiny bit better wet, but nowhere near as good dry.

But that's just my take on it.
Don't you have a few test riders on your payroll to try them all?
Old 16-Feb-2005, 08:44
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
The R6 Cup lads did two laps for warm up as they had no tyre warmers, also I think I am correct in saying that the RR has deeper wider tread pattern, stiffer side walls but the same compound at the GP version, the reason for the stiffer side walls is so that the tyre does not deform on the road, race tyres use thinner walls as they need to move around a bit more but thay are used on a smooth surface.

Chris

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
yes Tim they are what the R6 cup guys were using last year so please take note they did 2 warm up laps before forming up on the start grid. other than that I haven't tried them but if they have improved on the D207RR then they have to be a good tyre.
Old 16-Feb-2005, 11:20
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
http://www.biker247.com/news/978.asp

final paragraph says

'The NEC is the UK show debut of our Dunlop D208RR tyre. This tyre took Richard Wren to glory in the Virgin Mobile Yamaha R6 Cup, and is now available for both road and track use. This tyre has broken lap records in 2004, and is sure to be popular with superbike riders at the show'
Old 16-Feb-2005, 20:06
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
That's where I'm getting confused Kev. I could see from the tread pattern that they looked lke 208gp's.
Old 20-Feb-2005, 20:04
Mille

Mood: Shiney
We have now sold several sets and are getting good feedback.

208RR are as good as pirelli Diablo Corsa and Bridgestone 014`s in the dry at reasonable temps., 10 degrees and above, they do not appear to be as positive in the wet and the cold however.

They also make some bikes slightly unstable at high speed, GSXR 750 and 1000`s are prime examples.
Old 21-Feb-2005, 11:29
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Mike - do you know if 208RR's are avaialable to fit a 900ss the rear is a 170 and Iv'e only seen RR's listed from 180 up? I've got 207's fitted now and I as I really like them I'd like to try the RR version.
Old 21-Feb-2005, 21:15
Mille

Mood: Shiney
No they arent, but i think the 900SS has a 5.5 inch rim. We have done a few ST`s were they have gone up to 180 and noticed a marked improvment.

I believe Glyn Norford has done this mod and got on with it very well, it might be worth contacting him and confirming his comments.
Old 22-Feb-2005, 14:50
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Thanks Mike, my 207's will be just about due for replacement by Cadwell TA4 so I'll give the 180 a try.

Any comments Glyn?