Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Feb-2006, 11:49
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

DD - spectator ride out\'s / meet up\'s

Just had a look at the dates on the DD website and I cant believe how well things are shaping up for a shift worker like myself.
There are only three events on, when I'm working (but one is Assen) so I have lots of scope for attending - HOPEFULLY !!!

SO...are there any planned ride out's to the events?

Likewise, are there any preferred meeting places where the DSC clan could park bikes etc at circuits?

I'm assuming the DSC marquee/Flag will be proudly displayed where the racers are based, so will be easy to spot???

For Cadwell, spectators bikes seemed to be parked near the toilet blocks at the clubhouse and a good display there was for the season opener last year.

Just one thought, helmet / backpack security - hard to do for anyone that is not 'known' to other people in the DSC I guess but, perhaps someone might have some ideas for safe storage of riders belongings, somehow???
(Sorry - brain is not quite in gear, I dont think this is practical really, especially on a race day - but I'll leave it in for the meanwhile)

Cheers - Frank
Old 17-Feb-2006, 11:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by Iconic944ss
Just had a look at the dates on the DD website and I cant believe how well things are shaping up for a shift worker like myself.
There are only three events on, when I'm working (but one is Assen) so I have lots of scope for attending - HOPEFULLY !!!

SO...are there any planned ride out's to the events?

Likewise, are there any preferred meeting places where the DSC clan could park bikes etc at circuits?

I'm assuming the DSC marquee/Flag will be proudly displayed where the racers are based, so will be easy to spot???

For Cadwell, spectators bikes seemed to be parked near the toilet blocks at the clubhouse and a good display there was for the season opener last year.

Just one thought, helmet / backpack security - hard to do for anyone that is not 'known' to other people in the DSC I guess but, perhaps someone might have some ideas for safe storage of riders belongings, somehow???
(Sorry - brain is not quite in gear, I dont think this is practical really, especially on a race day - but I'll leave it in for the meanwhile)

Cheers - Frank

Many of the BHC lads that came to support us, used our van to store the kit in.......depending on numbers im sure the DD lads wont have objections to storing kit in the vans..i know we dont.

Phil
Old 17-Feb-2006, 12:04
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
likewise, can use any room available in my car.
Old 17-Feb-2006, 12:06
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I don't have a van this year and I can't speak for anyone else but if you fancy leaving helmets and stuff in my car that's fine.
Old 17-Feb-2006, 12:44
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Frank,

Had a ride or two to DD last year, planning to do the same this year, probably cadwell as it's the nearest, only 100 miles away for me!!

150 or 160 for you?

Don't forget yer washers for the bridge on the way to Cadwell.

Ray
Old 17-Feb-2006, 13:03
WSB Hero

Hiya Ray - running out of petrol is always the main concern for me at Cadwell !!!

Did the first round by car last year so not an issue - you are indeed spot on, 150 miles from my front door - a nice ride out
Old 17-Feb-2006, 13:14
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Frank - I could have made a packet on Ebay with the amount of gear left in our van particularly at the Castle Coombe & also Brands meetings from members who biked in

C
Old 17-Feb-2006, 13:29
WSB Hero

Good job your an 'upright' and 'outstanding' lady then

Its just a shame circuits dont have secure storage areas, the NEC seem to be able to manage it but, I guess remote sport circuits are harder to manage anyway.

Cheers
Old 17-Feb-2006, 13:40
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
ahh, but look a tit the other way Frank - you can wander over to some known (or unknown) DSC members who are polishing/fettling/mending their race bike, have a good natter and also leave your gear with them.
For us its also good, as it means bods do come & say 'hi' (even if they are scrounging ) as sometimes it can be difficult to leave the van for walkabouts during the day.

Its only the big meetings WSB etc that will have the 'helmet' bus etc
Old 17-Feb-2006, 14:28
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by AK and CK
ahh, but look a tit the other way Frank

CK, are you calling our Frank a tit? That's not very nice

On the other hand, if it's an offer, can I have a look too