Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 11-Dec-2006, 18:56
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
if the bike's as good as it's s'posed to be.

The way John was hopping around like a kid with a new toy when he got back from Kyalami I think it's as good as they say.............

Bring it on in 2007

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 11-Dec-2006, 21:38
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
i think you'll find jessop and jhp have parted Co !!,and they,jessop may be running there own effort nxt year !
Old 12-Dec-2006, 16:03
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
There a good few talking about running a 1098s in superstock next year, if all the bikes turn up then it's gonna be another one make series

It's not that many years ago, early/mid 90s?, a BSB/WSB machine was putting out the power current superstock machines are.

Ray.
Old 15-Dec-2006, 14:58
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
now this will be interesting, how much power can the 1098 expect with a full system, remap and blueprint ?
The GSXR1K we helped with this year was putting out 176 at the back wheel on a conservative dyno in superstock spec. I'd guess the Duc will be similar ?
Can't wait as it will make the series more interesting and it is possibly the hardest National series judging by how close the lap times are down the field
Old 16-Dec-2006, 01:01
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Reed
i think you'll find jessop and jhp have parted Co !!,and they,jessop may be running there own effort nxt year !

Martin will indeed be running the 749R next season, he keeps his mechanic who will be building and maintaining the bikes from the raceshop at Whitemoor, so JHP is still involved although not running a 749R himself.
I saw the first 2 bikes today at Coventry, one is going in the showroom and the other is already in bits being converted to superstock spec.
I had a long chat with Ken who is running the team and his opinion is that Superstock is where it is at and is going back to what superbike should be. To win BSB you need a massive budget and factory bikes-one team rented a Fireblade from HRC for 2006 season at a cost of £1,000,000-for one season, and that's just the bloody bike!
With K7 GSXR's, R1's and 1098's all putting out about 180bhp I don't think the laptimes are going to greatly different to BSB-could be a good year for Ducati-the bike is awesome, and looks like a racebike before they even start, just like a 916SPS.

John

Old 16-Dec-2006, 08:11
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
Martin will indeed be running the 749R next season, he keeps his mechanic who will be building and maintaining the bikes from the raceshop at Whitemoor, so JHP is still involved although not running a 749R himself.
I saw the first 2 bikes today at Coventry, one is going in the showroom and the other is already in bits being converted to superstock spec.
I had a long chat with Ken who is running the team and his opinion is that Superstock is where it is at and is going back to what superbike should be. To win BSB you need a massive budget and factory bikes-one team rented a Fireblade from HRC for 2006 season at a cost of £1,000,000-for one season, and that's just the bloody bike!
With K7 GSXR's, R1's and 1098's all putting out about 180bhp I don't think the laptimes are going to greatly different to BSB-could be a good year for Ducati-the bike is awesome, and looks like a racebike before they even start, just like a 916SPS.

John

Couldn't agree more Monty. BSB has become a money machine thanks to the likes of Sky Sports (hock, hock, spit). Watch the Superstocks before the TV plonkers catch on and ruin it again.
Times were when privateers would have a run at a championship as well. Remember Steve Spray and Mark Farmer doing just that in the late 80's?
I'm hoping the Superstocks will bring that kind of racing back. When the likes of Charlie Corner and Dennis Ireland could been seen short circuit racing one week and doing well then running the same bike at howling speeds round the TT the next.
I'll be going to a few races I know.
I wonder if the AMA and ACU will get together again and combine the Superstock series into a present day Trans-Atlantic series. Now that would be worth watching.

Ains.
Old 16-Dec-2006, 11:29
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Great that the Superstocks might get more attention, but they are still only part of the undercard to the BSB. The BSB is a great spectacle and all power to those who promote it (in whatever way) - that's how we get some of the best riders in the world competing.

Seems that some want to hold it back and ensure that Johnny 5-quid can compete with Team Mega-bucks, they can't , its progress and its a good thing.

The series are strong because of the different classes, if BSB wasn't so succesful, there wouldn't be thriving Superstock classes.

Some people want it all.

Tim
Old 16-Dec-2006, 14:39
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Some people want it all.

Tim

Absolutely right Tim, and if you could arrange for me to have it all NOW before I am too old to enjoy it then that would be fine............

John

Old 16-Dec-2006, 16:33
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
You can have it all NOW, or wait for the January sales when you can have it all THEN for cheaper!!!
Old 16-Dec-2006, 16:44
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
You can have it all NOW, or wait for the January sales when you can have it all THEN for cheaper!!!

Oh-I assumed that you were paying in which case I will have it all now please-If I have to pay I won't be having any of it-not at all...........

John

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit