Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Nov-2006, 20:09
500SD

Unhappy Bugger it snapped

Whilst trying to make my bike more cleaner I broke a bolt.
I was looking at the brake reservoir and it was corroded and flaking pretty bad so I thought take it of and wire brush and repaint. Rather than take off the windscreen I thought undo the aluminium allen shoulder bolt and then it will flex over to undo screws. Unfortunately it snapped on thread.

Has anybody got a spare bolt or bracket assembly as I will still have to drill out the snapped bottom.

Thanks
Andy
Old 20-Nov-2006, 20:14
Dibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie
Whilst trying to make my bike more cleaner I broke a bolt.
I was looking at the brake reservoir and it was corroded and flaking pretty bad so I thought take it of and wire brush and repaint. Rather than take off the windscreen I thought undo the aluminium allen shoulder bolt and then it will flex over to undo screws. Unfortunately it snapped on thread.

Has anybody got a spare bolt or bracket assembly as I will still have to drill out the snapped bottom.

Thanks
Andy

proof that cleaning is bad, I rest my case m'lud.
Old 21-Nov-2006, 13:33
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Those shoulder bolts all do that - dealer should therefore have a good supply of replacements.
I drilled out the remnants of thread from the captive nut. Make sure you install replacement bolt with grease/copaslip.

R
Old 21-Nov-2006, 20:40
500SD

Yes Dibble your right. I will have to pop into protwins again.Wouldnt have minded so much if the hex got mashed up.It maybe was too good a fit. Best leave it alone in future. Any ideas on aloose mirror apart from buying new ones. ????????
Old 21-Nov-2006, 20:55
Mille

There is a small hole underneath the mirror you can put a slim screwdriver up inside and tighten the screw not too tight though, on the side of the back side of the mirror inside there is a plastic ball this fits into a socket and tightening the screw will tighten the mirror. if you tip the glass up and have a look inside you can see what i mean but just be carefull stu