Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Oct-2006, 15:56
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
Dont be fooled by that, as it looks as though Ducati were running with upper fairing (nose cone) wind spoilers / deflectors (as on John Keogh's sketch in Two magazine). If this is true, this picture was taken at a different time to the two most recent shots by Andrew Tyne (no deflectors visible) who sold the images to MCN. I hope not as they look **** and do nothing for the front end visually. Incidentally here are two more new pictures posted up today on the Ducati MS forum.

only a few weeks now though! Am trying to keep an open mind even though I really dont like those new (very old) end cans. Still, I should not judge till I see the whole bike, thats only fair! still as long as they dont go down the miniaturisation route that the japanese have taken then the pipes wont be so bad. Not a fan of the ultra small gsxr600/r6/cbr600. too cramped!

Last edited by 749er : 26-Oct-2006 at 19:05.
Old 26-Oct-2006, 16:08
Bevel Head

google is ur friend !
http://www.motards-online.com/moto-e...i_1098_big.jpg
Old 26-Oct-2006, 16:14
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul748bp

I think that Gallic rendition has already been written off by most people...thankfully! Except Raptors and Rockets who published it as well. It looks like a lot of time spent fiddling with photoshop to not much effect. There are more vents in that than an air conditioning unit. Interesting to note though that the closer we get to Milan, the less gaffer tape is on the bike. Also on the Ducati website blog, am I wrong in thinking Minoli said he was going to post up further pictures of the 1098 when he got back from Oz, apart from those teeny ones of the front wheel, caliper and track shot he slung on the site (Hmmmm, they are helpful)
Old 26-Oct-2006, 16:38
Bevel Head

can any one explain to me why ducati arnt at this years NEC
Old 26-Oct-2006, 16:52
Mille

Quote:

exactly what i was thinking. i know the 1098 wouldn't have been there but i was hoping to get a look at the hypermotard.
Old 26-Oct-2006, 18:16
Mille

Quote:

Since the Cologne, Munich and Milan shows have traditionally commanded more media attention Europe wide and the launch is to be conducted on "home" turf, Ducati have elected to reveal all in Italy instead of the somewhat less attractive surroundings of Birmingham. I don't think it is a slight on the UK, it's simply that it is pitched at a wider audience.
Old 26-Oct-2006, 18:16
Mille

Mood: Got the S - waiting for the Termi's
Wonder if just just cost saving or whether the EXCLUSIVE launch of the 1098 at Milan (which is later in the year) has anything to do with it.
Old 26-Oct-2006, 18:37
Bevel Head

Talking

yeh they have a new bike coming out but it would have been nice to seen troys bike and lorris's with one winning the title and the other doin seriously well in moto gp also leons bike seems a shame that they wont be there whats wrong with old brummy lol i dont ill go this year no need now is there i dont wana have to look at jap ****
Old 27-Oct-2006, 10:48
Mille

New info from the horse's mouth

Little of any real interest to see, but Minoli explains the technology that has gone into the re-introduction of the SSS. A couple of pics thrown in for good measure but not much else sadly. But then did we really expect him to splash pictures of the new bike all over the net with just 17 days to it's official launch?

http://blog.ducati.com/
Old 27-Oct-2006, 12:17
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
Little of any real interest to see, but Minoli explains the technology that has gone into the re-introduction of the SSS. A couple of pics thrown in for good measure but not much else sadly. But then did we really expect him to splash pictures of the new bike all over the net with just 17 days to it's official launch?

http://blog.ducati.com/
I wonder if the 1098 swinger will fit a 996????