Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-May-2009, 12:41
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paynep
Do we have a "Best Ever Reply" competition? If so we have a winner!!!

Well I had no reply to you out on track,
note to self --- Must try harder
As for times The heat was sapping power and the head wind down the back straight at times caused those without a tow to suffer, any 583 that could tuck in behind a 620 could really benifit from a decent tow, just ask Guy (Injected)

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 26-May-2009, 12:47
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Riot
Oh **** off cheat.

Feeling a little self conscious?
Old 26-May-2009, 13:05
500SD

I heard there was some great racing mid pack again ?

see you all at Mallory

Kev/Skids Any improvements on the fueling ?
Old 26-May-2009, 13:50
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke

see you all at Mallory

Congrats on the new little person!
Old 26-May-2009, 16:27
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
What was the weather like? There's a few people's laptimes that look an awful lot slower than last year.

The implication of this statement being what exactly? If there was a problem with a bike (or bikes) at Snetterton then there is a procedure for dealing with that. There is no profit in casting doubt from the sidelines after the event.
Old 26-May-2009, 16:33
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
The implication of this statement being what exactly? If there was a problem with a bike (or bikes) at Snetterton then there is a procedure for dealing with that. There is no profit in casting doubt from the sidelines after the event.

Anyone can have problems Chris, I was asking because some people were significantly slower than last year. You can take what you like from it but people having problems doesn't necessarily mean cheating-everyone has problems in racing. Mental, bike, whatever.

It's certainly had some very sensitive and interesting responses.
Old 26-May-2009, 16:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke

see you all at Mallory

Steve you missed some good battles If you had been there I'm sure you would have enjoyed swapping places wth the usual crowd
as for me I did a quick map alteration after the Dyno and ran with that for the weekend, For Saturday I ran the fueling monitor and Sunday the lap timer.
On saturday when ever i looked at the fueling display while at Wide Open Throttle about 4/5 the way down the back straight it was two segments in from the end of the display. perfect I thought so I didn't touch it. Now having read the instructons I realise it should have been two segments in from the otherend of hat portion of the display so I was in fact still to rich at the top end at around 12.3 to 1, where as the segments the other end would have indicated about 13.7 to 1.
Still its getting closer and certainly got off th line well in the allcomers where I had front row starts

Hope your weekend went well

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 26-May-2009, 19:12
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Hello and Help please

Hello to everyone at DSC.

Snetterton was only my 2nd ever time at a race meeting and not only did I love it I was lucky enough to have my 1st track day there too, even better was that it was on a 1098R!! (yes I did kack myself)

The experience left me wanting a taste of the action and after speaking to Cleggy and being in the garage next to Harriet I really fancy getting rid of my RSV Mille and giving this series a try.

I'd really appreciate some help with this if anyone fancies dishing some out, from getting a licence and bike to what to do with it.

baconmaker72
Old 26-May-2009, 20:38
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Steve you missed some good battles If you had been there I'm sure you would have enjoyed swapping places wth the usual crowd
as for me I did a quick map alteration after the Dyno and ran with that for the weekend, For Saturday I ran the fueling monitor and Sunday the lap timer.
On saturday when ever i looked at the fueling display while at Wide Open Throttle about 4/5 the way down the back straight it was two segments in from the end of the display. perfect I thought so I didn't touch it. Now having read the instructons I realise it should have been two segments in from the otherend of hat portion of the display so I was in fact still to rich at the top end at around 12.3 to 1, where as the segments the other end would have indicated about 13.7 to 1.
Still its getting closer and certainly got off th line well in the allcomers where I had front row starts

Hope your weekend went well

Yep my weekend went very well....... chuffed to bits with my new born Daughter

I will come and have a chat about fueling as i have nearly finished my
944 ss ie conversion road bike which is fitted with a PC3.
Old 26-May-2009, 21:00
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconmaker72
Hello to everyone at DSC.

Snetterton was only my 2nd ever time at a race meeting and not only did I love it I was lucky enough to have my 1st track day there too, even better was that it was on a 1098R!! (yes I did kack myself)

The experience left me wanting a taste of the action and after speaking to Cleggy and being in the garage next to Harriet I really fancy getting rid of my RSV Mille and giving this series a try.

I'd really appreciate some help with this if anyone fancies dishing some out, from getting a licence and bike to what to do with it.

baconmaker72

Top board name!

I'm sure that you'll be overwhelmed with advice, but I'll chuck my 2p in now:

Class B - 583cc carbed bikes, big grids, cheap race bikes but some spares (new pistons etc) getting harder to find, plenty of racing action, but you might find 50-odd bhp a bit different to a Mille or 1098
Class A - 620cc injected bikes, small grids, plenty of quality race-prepped or cheap donor bikes around at the moment, a bit harder on the tyres with a whopping 60+ bhp, and if you're as slow as me a load of Class B bikes nipping at your ar8e!!

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer