Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Apr-2009, 00:30
Mille

Thanks Norm & NBs.
I had a feeling the sticker & handbook didn't agree. I have noticed this on other Ducati models as well. I had thought my chain was OK until I checked it according to the handbook & only approx. 25mm from chain shoe but that probably equates to 35mm from under side of swingarm.

I hadn't realized the sprocket recall was due to poor chain tension I had assumed poor quality manufacture or a design problem. I have had my sprocket checked once but have had another recall letter for the sprocket so is this another problem?
Old 20-Apr-2009, 14:30
Mille

Mood: twitching
hmm quickie on the same subject. did anyone get a chain adjustment tool with the 848, 1098 and 1198 tool bag? i didnt but i had one already so it didnt bother me?
Old 20-Apr-2009, 15:01
Montjuic
Bikes: MS1200S, T150V

Mood: Hopeful
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by james81273
hmm quickie on the same subject. did anyone get a chain adjustment tool with the 848, 1098 and 1198 tool bag? i didnt but i had one already so it didnt bother me?

No I didn't get one either but was shown by a Ducati workshop how to do it with rag-covered screwdriver from side through gaps in sprocket. No hammer, just locate blade flatly in adjuster ring, shaft in rag against sprocket side, gently turn wheel. Seriously, and absolutely no marks or damage to parts either.