Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 18-Apr-2006, 19:56
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by wato39
Thanks very much , i'm looking forward to getting it , i've had the gixxer 1000 and R1 etc but now i want a bike thats just as much enjoyment ot own as it is to ride .

Get a 998s then mate................i did it performes how i thought the 748r should of!!!
Old 18-Apr-2006, 20:18
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting at the Crossroads......
No worries..... it really is something special to own.

One of the things I love about it (and I don't want to appear to be snobby coz I'm not) is that when you get on it and look down at the plaque on the top yoke which says Ducati 748R No: XXX you realise that you are now a member of a very exclusive club. Only 1,000 made of them in that year and you have one of them. Now that's special.

Make sure you get the paddock stand and cover that came with all the bikes.

If you have the 50mm race termigs fitted (it would be rude not to) then don't be surprised that when you fire it up small birds fall out of trees and children run indoors crying for their mum's.

To tell the truth I didn't even mean to get one......

A guy at work bought in photos of the 748R and his R1 and said they were for sale (I've been tooling round on a ZX9 for quite a few years) I said I couldn't afford either but loved the 748R - quiet a few people preferred the R1 - weird. Anyway, the following day he bought the Ducati in and that was it - a call to the wife asking to borrow a few grand and that was it - I owned it. Not regretted it for one moment. Yes it has had problems but you can forgive it - it is what it is, simply a modified race bike with lights and indicators. You'll love it !
Old 18-Apr-2006, 21:08
Bevel Head

Mood: Horney
Congrats mate you wont be upset yoouv spent your cash on a great bike .
Welcome to the R club and hope you have as many hours as me polishing and riding it
Jamie
Old 19-Apr-2006, 10:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Quote:
Originally posted by wato39
Thanks very much , i'm looking forward to getting it , i've had the gixxer 1000 and R1 etc but now i want a bike thats just as much enjoyment ot own as it is to ride .

Get a 998s then mate................i did it performes how i thought the 748r should of!!!

LOL.............then u bought a 999R and ride that nothing like it should be ridden........

[Edited on 19-4-2006 by fil2]
Old 20-Apr-2006, 19:34
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
Fil 2

Hi Phil was over at Nellys on tuesday and saw both your bikes! Not good about the rockers but still a pair of cracking bikes mate!