Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Feb-2006, 11:41
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
you miss the point a bit Tony, i wasn't having a go in the slightest... i was responding to Dickies comment. LOL
Old 07-Feb-2006, 12:19
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Harris
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
I have checked against commercial days and the club is a bit cheaper on Brands for end May.
John

Hmmm, this bit technically isn't true Focused for example have a date in May for £149 and a date in June for £149

Focused 15/5 Brands Indy

Focused 14/6

Not trying to be pedantic and be a sh*t stirrer Monty, just stating fact

I stand corrected JP-mind you they have the same days on the UK Trackdays listing at £159-which is where I checked since all days are there not just focused.
All I can assume is that they have a special deal with Brands MSV-(which I have been assured they don't) since they will need to fill it to make anything at all-without allowing for their cost's. What they may be doing is booking the track and providing their own medical and marshall cover-in which case they are not bound by MSV's operating procedures and can put more people out on track.

John

[Edited on 3-2-2006 by Monty]

Its probably got something to do with Focused running evening sessions. Evenings get light fairly early in the year, so Focused will probably have a three group full day event, plus a two group evening session at £69 or similar ... got to be some savings there somewhere, crafty so and so's.

Maybe... but there's never any evening sessions at Oulton for example, all to do with the Church etc
Old 07-Feb-2006, 13:03
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
you miss the point a bit Tony, i wasn't having a go in the slightest... i was responding to Dickies comment. LOL

Fair enough, I just don't think your example is valid given that two of the people on your list have Ducati's and Firefly would find herself inundated with offers of bikes to ride.

No need to be so sensitive.
Old 12-Feb-2006, 11:42
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Maybe, wait till all the forms are in and then the organisers fill the places with ducatis then any spaces not filled at the end of the day. Give them to the other marques. Or run a poll for opinions.
Old 27-Feb-2006, 19:01
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Decided to commit to both Cadwell days after chatting with Lizzie yesterday at Brands and watching the DD boys having such fun on the track, in spite of the horizontal sleet at times. Form going in the post tonight, Lizzie.

:roll::roll:

Now all I need is
a) a tent - yes, camping because bed & breakfast costs on top is just too hard to swallow, and besides, I need the practice for the trip to France in September
b) someone to offer to put both my bikes in a van and bring them to Cadwell for me (or one if I'm forced to decide which to ride)
c) confidence to get the most out of both days
d) a fitness regime for the same reason

:sing::sing:
Old 02-Mar-2006, 02:13
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Well if you check at the top you will see that I have had to drop both Brands and Oulton-there just isn't enough interest in them and the financial risk is too great for the club. So come to the best trackdays you are ever going to get at Cadwell.

John
Old 02-Mar-2006, 02:47
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Best i get my form in for Cadwell then
Do I get a choice of group Jon.
As much as I like the idea of riding my R6 on track its more than likely I will be bringing my 996 and a Supersport model, possibly the 750SSie or the DD bike.
The 998 was great to ride there last year but the 996 was built for track use and should be fun especially if I get the current upgrades completed.
Hopefully by then the 750 will be in Minitwin form.

Kev
Old 02-Mar-2006, 15:19
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Sorry , no can do. Damn it .