Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Jan-2005, 14:07
Mille

air tubes - breather tank

OK folks it's thinking cap time.
I've just taken delivery of a set of carbon air tubes for the 749 (50% performance / 50% bling before we start that debate again! ). Now the $64k question is what do I do about the breather bottle that's attached to the oh-so-tasteful OE part (see attached pic). The tubes are exactly that - tubes (a Corse part without the inverted shark fins), so I guess I need to fashion a new breather bottle to mount in front of the forks underneath the front racing subframe (which I've not yet bought!). Any thoughts or recommendations as to how I could approach this?
Old 12-Jan-2005, 14:35
Mille

A company in Germany were making airtubes when I did some research about a year go, in their kit you got what I can only describe as a colostomy bag to replace the OE item, under the front subframe is where it would go according to them.

They advised performance gains but only at very high speeds when the ram air was really doing somehing and the increased csa of their items could be utilised to the max.

You have also lost the little tubes which are molded into the originals at 90deg to the airflow and control the sound waves and airbox resonnance.

There was quite a long thread about this relating to the 999/749 range at the time with some interesting info.

Helmholtz resonators seems to ring a bell
Old 12-Jan-2005, 20:00
Mille

hurrah for JHP - had a chat with them on the phone this afternoon to see what they do when race preparing bikes. All nice and simple - apparantly there is a nice little ducati fluid catch bottle off one of the other models that does the job a treat and costs about £3.50 and can mount neatly in front of the lower belt cover. One in the post as I type. I'll post some pics once the jobs done.

J