Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-May-2009, 22:13
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Glad it all worked out Guys:

Jonny / Glyn:

Maybe it was just a tight fit on my Bro's bike or a poor fit between threads, in any event I filed the outer circ of the washer quite a bit and then wrapped it in PTFE tape. Overkill perhaps but it worked a treat.

Derek:
Welcome back mate, youve been missed!
I'd never dream of taking any sort of credit for your sensor work or external fuel filter mod or headlight suggestions or......

bl00dy 'eck time to stop

Cheers - Frank
Old 27-May-2009, 06:05

I googled a # Derek had posted for this switch, and came up with a few hits for BMW's, Volkswagon, Citreon, etc.
Found it at the auto parts online for $16.76 US, ordered a couple for myself for my 99 ST2. The fan seems to be coming on later than I like. New +/- errror was listed at 3.4'c at 100'c, fiqure 2 sensors with some age on them maybe 10'c or more possible error. I'll change them and feel better, hoefully run cooler.
My fan isn't going on until 221'f, but the bike is running between 155-180'f [so far, just got it going 450 mi. ago]and I live in the desert.
0-280-130-026 Bosch not sure if this is the long or the short one.
Old 18-Jul-2009, 22:02
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

what if the fan goes round but not as fast as it does when you put 12 v direct to it ?
Old 22-Jul-2009, 17:35
GTL
Bikes: ST4s ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMFB
what if the fan goes round but not as fast as it does when you put 12 v direct to it ?
Probably a dodgy relay, but possibly the connections to the relay or to the fan.
Old 22-Jul-2009, 21:05
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

it starts and eventually gets to a speed where you cant see the blades but previously you could hear it when sat on the bike with the engine running and helmet on. Now you cant hear it at all and the temp keeps on rising albeit not as fast as when it didnt work at all.
Old 23-Jul-2009, 10:06
GTL
Bikes: ST4s ABS

The only things between the fan and the battery are the relay, 2 fuses and various connections. The 7.5A fuse is under the seat alongside fuel pump and ECU fuses and they are all supplied directly from the main fuse in the fuse box (Fuse 1 = 30A). I think it is reasonable to assume that the feed as far as the fuses is OK or the fuel pump and ECU would also be running at reduced voltage. So the most likely reason is a bad connection at the fuse, check the blades for corrosion, a duff relay, but you said you have repaced it, corrosion in the relay socket, or corrosion in the fan connector terminals.
Old 23-Jul-2009, 12:19
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I suppose it's also possible that the fan bearings are full of crud. Does it spin easily by hand?

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 24-Nov-2009, 20:16
Bikes: ST2

I fitted one of these, its a straight swop and it cured my misfire.