Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:02

748 problems

Can anyone help ? Had the bike out yesterday after a couple of months lay off,although it was getting started regularly.It started and idled well,but after 10 minutes riding it started to lose power and really make some violent virations from the engine area.It wouldn't pull away and could only go to 4000 revs.I had all the rockers changed last year after similar problems,but has never quite seemed the same.It has only done arond 1000 miles on the new rockers,so they shouldn't be knackered again,should they ? I see people on here with similar problems and are advised to check fuel filters etc,but if it's the filter wouldn't it stop running earlier ?
Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:10
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Did you put new petrol in the tank, or is it the stuff thats been sitting for a few months ?
Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:14

put some fuel in yesterday,but like I say it's been started up regularly, so can't see old fuel being the cause.
Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:16
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Quote:
Originally posted by Bionicle
Did you put new petrol in the tank, or is it the stuff thats been sitting for a few months ?

Not wanting to jump the gun, but, fuel will go off and effect performance ..... the engine should still run though. I doubt the problem is stale fuel.
Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:18
Dibble

sounds electrical, I had similar, turned out to be the Throttle Position Sensor, the vibrations were the engine not knowing what it was being told to do ... the rockers wouldn't cause the symptoms you suggest .. who did the work ??
Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:24

Ducati Ashford,which makes it all the more of a pain seeing as Ducati pulled out of there.
Old 04-Apr-2006, 23:31

If it turned out to be the throttle censor,is it a trip to a workshop,only the nearest one is over 30 miles away and I wouldn't want to try and ride it there