Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-May-2004, 11:26
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Rear Plate Conversion

Any ideas the following. Fitted the Casoli number plate converter and as per the instructions all seemed straightforward enough, however the small number plate light itself fials to work. Checked filament OK and bulb seems intact, connections are all as they should be, when I reconnect the old light, all works well. Has anyone else experience a similar problem. Is the bulbs resistance an issue? Dont think its an earthing problem. Other than that it certanly tidies up the rear end a lot. I was wondering whether to remove the small infill plastic panel and slot in the clear one from the OE number plate light and refit the original bulb into that. Then just block up the hole where the casoli bulb and holder poke through with a grommet. Might be my only option. Tried a new bulb (damn hard to find one - Maplins eventually) and still no joy. Help and advice greatly appreciated.
Old 15-May-2004, 11:54

Mood: Chilled
Hi Rod,

I had the same problem which turned out to be the bulb not seating fully on the contact. Remove the blud cover and screw the bulb in as far as it can go. Check it works without the cover then fit the cover.

It took me 3 or 4 attempts before I could get it to work.

Cheers Rob
Old 15-May-2004, 12:33
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Thanks

I will give it a go when I next get back to the UK. Thanks.