Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Nov-2006, 19:45

Mood: Optimistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courageous
Just saw this and it had ended already....... sorry - touch of the Jim Bowens there!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ADME:B:SS:UK:1
Wow, you've really depressed me with that one, guess where I live ? Yes that's right about five minutes from where that was sold, I could have even saved the postage costs!
Any way I took it out for about 40 miles yesterday and the repair has held fine so far
Old 16-Nov-2006, 17:14
Mille

to late now but a bit of advice if any one has a radiator with a hole in it.
I had some special liquid metal but if you check the the packs are labelled to what temperature they'll take, my one was 300c which is more than enough, I have repaired many a radiator, but the alloy ones are not supposed to be repaired but I have done this many times and never had one come back,
but do make the repair goes right round the core,
Old 20-Nov-2006, 22:27

I think that's whats been done to mine. Fingers crossed and it's okay so far. At my lowest point I went to look at a Suzuki and Ducati dealer the other day to see if I could afford to change to a gixer for reliability etc, trouble is, all I could do is look at the Ducatis! So I might try to carry on with the love/hate relationship I have with what I've got. It's a bit like being married!!!
Old 20-Nov-2006, 22:54
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 748 sp,748 bip , 600ss dd,speed triple.

Mood: neeeeeeed piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
try going to a moto cross specailist to find out how much they will make/repair one for?.
Old 21-Nov-2006, 13:01
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Greetings !

If its of any help, and yes I know its a long way from Audicdl, but there are a couple of places that are very very good when it comes to radiator repairs,

Aaron Radiator Co Ltd
54 Whitehorse Lane
London
SE25 6RQ

These people have been around for ages and used to repair Noah`s radiators, there were the early wooden type!

Can I also suggest you contac Serk Marston, they have lots of outlets so you will have to hunt around a bit, they did a Nissan radiator for me in a day and when I got it back it was like new.

Good luck.
Old 21-Nov-2006, 18:36

Thanks chaps I'll bear the above contacts in mind if the worst comes to the worst. Now has anyone got any idea how I can get my missus to let me off my spending ban???