Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-May-2004, 16:45
500SD

Mood: head down
999s broken again...........

hi all,
just got back from my first trackday this year and once again my 999s is U/S , this seems to be a bit of a lemon so far .
just befor i went i cheaked my plugs , standing cylinder spark plug had no electrode.......... new plugs later, plug in optimate battery dead,new battery later all is well ,for the time being........
three day track sesion in Poland , day 2 the second titan end can broke in the same place as last time doh, and shortly after the bike only runns on one cylinder hmmmmmmm...... this happened last year coil cap off clean plug contact with small scewdriver and spray with WD40 all is well with the world.......
next friday is Assen i hope my new exhaust is in by then(but deep down i doubt it) as i still have no origional exhaust after all the studs sheared off when i took off the no. plate hanger last year..... thank the lord for garantie :mad::flame:
Old 21-May-2004, 18:34
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Yikes. There's a character in BBC TV's "The Fast Show" called "Unlucky Alf". You could use a picture of him as your avatar!

Seriously, I'm really sorry to hear your 999 has been such a grief to you. I hope all the various problems get found and sorted (before the warranty runs out!).
Old 21-May-2004, 20:28
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Nathanhu, look on the bright side........ things can only get better...... Hope you get it all sorted mate !!
Old 21-May-2004, 22:46
500SD

well its looking better ,
unloaded the bike this afternoon and she starts, so the temp repair has worked so far and the exhaust end box is on order along with a few extra track parts , leavers and plug caps etc,
attatched a photo of the new colour for this summers best dressed......
Old 21-May-2004, 22:50
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
mmmmmmmmmm
Old 21-May-2004, 23:04
Big Twin

Yum Yum very nice indeed....... Like the black !!
Old 21-May-2004, 23:05
500SD

also a bit more interesting i managed to compare my bike ( 999s with 57mm ti exhaust ) and a standard bike and one with the 54mm system and also the pipe without the cat. and i was surprised to see that my bike had more power or better pull out of fast corners and on a long straight ,just make it better i rode a couple of the bikes myself , but nothing was as suprising as the 999r with a full system......
could take most corners in one gear higher and still had better drive out of the bends than mine, ah well you cant have everthing eh...
oh tp-996 did you like it or not???......i wa a little fed up of just red if you know what i mean
Old 21-May-2004, 23:35
MotoGP God

I like it, very nice!

the 999 looks are growing on me ...
Old 23-May-2004, 22:55
Big Twin

TP go on mate you know it makes sense..... There's some good deals about at mo !!!!
Old 24-May-2004, 10:07
MotoGP God

I'm still in love with the looks of mine!!! If I sold this it would only to buy a 998R or something similar (if you could find one!) - although my mind changes fairly frequently!!

Wouldn't mind taking one out for a spin though - thinking of going into Ducati London Central and taking one for a blat - along with a Multistrada. Although they do hold my deposit for the Paul Smart so they might know somethings up ... I'm just a little afraid of what I'll want to do after riding them!!

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by tp-996]