Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Feb-2006, 14:34
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
A few comments about servicing costs, if you've done a bit of research into Ducati ownership, and most magazines do mention high servicing costs, then you should be aware of this downside to ownership.

I'm sure Ferrari's cost more to service as well.

Yes is a pain to the wallet or purse but IMHO its the price i pay for riding something that gives me more pleasure than a Universal Jap Four, and when they're out of warranty use a good independant if you want cheaper costs or carry on using the main dealers that have a good reputation, (not the likes of Motorcycle City when they were Ducati dealers RIP )

Only my opinion but i did over 10,000 miles last year on 2 Ducati's so i know about the servicing costs.

Wilf makes a good point about doing the forks as part of the 12k service. When Nelly at Cornerspeed did my 12k service he reduced the price of the service because the forks and just been resprung and revalved therefore didn't need doing,
(but only after he had unscrewed the fork top to look at the oil)

[Edited on 22-2-2006 by BDG]
Old 22-Feb-2006, 14:48
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
IMO it's only fairly recently that service costs seem to have got out of hand. Up until a couple of years ago I never paid that much for a service. I think the most I ever paid on a 748 was £250 and that included extra work I asked for above the std recommended service provided by Italia.

Since then costs seem to have spiralled. I used to laugh at people who maintained (sic) that Ducatis were expensive to service having experienced quite the contrary myself - these days I tend to agree.
Old 23-Feb-2006, 01:34
Big Twin

So the Performance Bikes thing is out?!

I ain't seen it yet!

Servicing has cost me a few quid over the years, but my bike is still in bloody good nick. I have one maoe service per year, and change the oil and filters 3 times between.

I have the forks serviced separately, and they really don't need doing that often IMO. I get mine done about every 2 years.
Old 25-Feb-2006, 19:56
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Having some tinnies and a barbie
Try this guy,
Totally genuine bloke who knows his onions, does great work for a reasonable price.
And no, I am not affiliated to the place in any way!!
http://www.bbsmotorcycles.co.uk/moto...servicing.html
Oh, his full service price includes belt change also..

[Edited on 25-2-2006 by final_edition]