Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Jun-2004, 14:22
Montjuic

Mood: Flying!
Front end judder again!

The judder is back in full force gents!
Has anyone got anymore ideas on this one as I am now at a loss. It has had a new balanced front tyre, new pads, tightened headstock, new rh wheel bearing. Original Brembo discs are in good nick and look spot on when spun. The float feels good as well.

There must be a cure for this! Any more nonsense I will be forced to sell the damn thing.
Old 06-Jun-2004, 16:46
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Weeksys idea is a good one. Swapping the wheel will point the finger at either the wheel or the chassis being the problem.
Why just change the rh wheel bearing though? Personally I only change them as a pair. If ones gone, and they've both done the same mileage, the other won't be far behind.
When's it juddering? On the brake? all the time? Are any of the pistons sticking in the calipers?
Old 06-Jun-2004, 18:31
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
if it is on braking could it be the bolts holding the discs on touching the speedo drive?
Old 07-Jun-2004, 12:31
Montjuic

Mood: Flying!
Administrator!! Not sure why this has posted in the market place!! It should be up in 996/748 area.

Anyway, the bike has gone to my mechanic friend who tends to the Yamaha works Supermoto team. I rode to work on Sunday and had had enough by the time I got home. I should get it back sometime this week. The RH bearing was changed on its own as the tyre place only had one in stock. I should have changed the other. My mechanic chum seemed to think it could be something in the forks, new fluid perhaps. I shall post more when I find out what is happening. Weeksy, will hae to get out for a blast soon!
Old 11-Jun-2004, 01:20

Mine did that years back. Turned out to be a crack in the bottom yoke, Uner hard breaking it opened up andallowed the for to actually move in the yoke. Check around the clamp bolts real carefully. Worth a shot. I believe they had the same prob on monsters for a couple of batches.
Old 11-Jun-2004, 11:01
Webteam

moving thread
Old 11-Jun-2004, 11:42
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Jim - have a look at "Pulsing front under braking" it's in the Technical section - SSs on page 5. The problem with mine was nothing more than the disc rotor sticking in the semi floating mounts.
Old 20-Jun-2004, 03:03
Mille
Bikes: Multistraddle S, Cucciolo

Mood: Blown away!
I had the same sympoms and eventually cured it with new steering head bearings.