Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 22-Jun-2012, 13:05

Introduction / Question

Hi all,

I have been a silent member for the first week just reading and getting useful information. I thought it was about time that I introduced myself.

My biking history is Kawasaki ZX6r at 21 which I crashed at Mallory on a track day, after repairing the bike I decided to give racing a go and I spent three years racing supersport on a CBR600rr with New Era and NG. Best three years of my life but after a big one at Pembrey I decided to call it a day and get back to my life.

Bought an R1 (Which I didn't get on with) and did the Cannonball run a couple of times to get my fix but then I got married, became a father and the bike was sold.

I promised myself that when I got another bike it would be a Ducati and here I am, I took delivery of my 848 EVO Corse SE a week ago and already feel like it's the best bike I have owned. I actually think I would be quicker on a track than my full on supersport bike as it's so compliant and user friendly.

Needless to say "I WILL NOT" be going on a track anytime soon but I am going to tour Europe on it on three weeks.

All in all I am as happy as a pig in the preverbial.

I should add that I bought the bike from Ducati Wolverhampton and I received top notch service and would highly recommend them to anybody.

So now you have my life story I need your help.

Exhausts... Is it wrong to not want to put Termi's on it to be different?

What options do I have, cans only, I don't need a full system.

Do i have to change ECU in all cases?

What gains can I expect?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stu

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kh1oq7v1o...40214277_n.jpg

Last edited by gsrmoto : 22-Jun-2012 at 13:21.