Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Feb-2006, 17:36
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by Italian Stallion
I agree with Gasmanrus and Carbon 749, I too think its the head bearings.

Richard.

[Edited on 23-2-2006 by Italian Stallion]

Would agree as well, as sounds the same as happened to mine, what exact model is it as there are more than one type of bearing sets. The factory do tend to dry build so taht is the usual problem.

Chris.
Old 23-Feb-2006, 18:03
Mille

53 Plate - 748 E - Though it say's BIP on the log book and the Ducati book, but E on the sales invoice ?
Old 23-Feb-2006, 18:18
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Quote:
Originally posted by Tantrum992 I guess thats why they made the clutch so noisey then

Should have said that an easy fix for minor clunks and rattles is to fit an open clutch cover .... for more serious noises fit termi's as well
Old 23-Feb-2006, 18:55
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by Tantrum992
53 Plate - 748 E - Though it say's BIP on the log book and the Ducati book, but E on the sales invoice ?

Same as mine, it is totaly differant to other models head bearings, this is due to the fact that the "e" model does not have the adjustable headstock. But would say that it is the bearings rather than the discs, you will feel it as it gets worse, can be a bit unsettling when braking hard for a sharp corner . when i strpped mine out the lower bearings were rusty, shocking, but like I said earlier, the factory does sometimes dry fit these items.

Chris.

[Edited on 23-2-2006 by chris.p]
Old 24-Feb-2006, 13:18
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tantrum992
Anyway, the reason for my post is, when i moved the bike from one end of the garage to the other and pulled on the brake there was a smll amount of dive on the forks and a "clunk" at first i thought it was the disks but it makes the same noise when just pushing down on the bars and lifting them, it sounds (as best as i can tell on my own) like it is coming from the fork internals I cant feel it through the bars and took it for a short ride on Saturday and heard/felt nothing.
Oh, and the head stock doe's feels tight.
Anyone got any ideas.

Cheers

Simon

Yep,I reckon it was your wallet hitting the tank:P
Old 24-Feb-2006, 13:40
Mille
Bikes: 998Bip

Mood: Carbonara
Quote:
Originally posted by Carbon749
Quote:
Originally posted by Tantrum992 I guess thats why they made the clutch so noisey then

Should have said that an easy fix for minor clunks and rattles is to fit an open clutch cover .... for more serious noises fit termi's as well

I am sorry, but this is VERY funny.

Spin
Old 24-Feb-2006, 18:29
Mille

I am going to get my local dealer to take a look when its in for belts, but was intrested in what one or two people above said about it being something that was discussed before and was decided it was nothing to worry about. Whilst in Veloce this afternoon i tried four different model and year 748s - and they all do the same thing, same noise exactly and coming from exactly the same area, what sounds like the fork internals, is there some sort of valve in therecould it be grade of oilfooked if know
Old 24-Feb-2006, 20:05
Montjuic

I think it is the Showa forks tbh my 916 does it and so does my MV Agusta. If you apply slight pressure on the bars and rock them you get a clonk it is the fork springs/internals IMHO.