Ducati Sporting Club UK
Alarms and Related Security
For the discussion of Alarms, Immobilisers, Trackers, Locks, Ground Anchors and other forms of motorcycle security.

Old 07-May-2004, 10:58
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Carol Nash alarm fitting Datatool 3 - Advice?

I have just been told that I must have an alarm fitted to my bike. I cannot do it, it must be an approved fitter. Anyway, CN have offered the most competitive deal and the fitter is supposed to be appearing on Monday to fit the Datatool gubbins.

Are these guys any good? I know it will depend on the particular fitter, but what are the opinions of the board?

They have the capability of making the bike an unreliable P.I.T.A. I assume they will be cutting into the ingition and fuel pump feeds. I will be leaning on them to do the job properly but I'll be a bit hacked off if I have to pay for it then do it again myself because they use junk like Scotchlock connectors.

I might be dumb to assume that as they are giving a 3 year warranty, they'll try to get it right first time.

Any views appreciated.

Regards,

Rob
Old 08-May-2004, 00:21
Mille

Mood: Long on Duke's...so happy
I'vbe found the data 3 to be very good. Two years and no problems at all. Good movement disabling which is vital and a trick alarm remote which you should get attached to the key itself. I think whoever fits it can do this for you , get it done to both, and then when the two are attached with the screw it's the end of fishing about for the alarm remote when you're farting about with petrol or whatever. For what it's worth Meta's latest alarm is even cooler. Remote becomes part of the key itself with no screw attachment at all and you can turn the alarm off altogether which is useful at times?
Old 08-May-2004, 19:21
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
my datatool was fitted by carolnash. never had any probs with it, and it all looks profesional and tidy.
Old 28-Sep-2004, 23:46
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
my meta is quite cool, automatically turns the immobiliser on, no messing about with parking mode or whatever they call it , and the remote fits onto the key which is ideal as it saves all those extra fobs on your keyring