Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Aug-2006, 21:34
Mille

Duc Daz... I have a 748 and an ST3. Both were bought new from a main Ducati dealer. Apart from the initial service, I have had all my work done by Rich at Louigi Moto. The prices are always much less than the main agent and I know the jobs been done right and with care.

I'm sure there are other guys on here that can speak for his high level of service and non main dealer prices. He's a down to earth guy, that will allow you to watch and even help out when your bikes being serviced, which could help you do the smaller less complicated jobs in the future.

I know of his customers travelling as far as from Kent which given he's based just outside of Bristol speaks for itself.

I appreciate he's a bit further a field but ig it helps I would be more than willing to put you up for the night so you don't have to travel back on the same day.

Why not give him a call on 0777 5557797...perhaps this would give you the best of both worlds, between the main agent and the DIY approach.
Old 24-Aug-2006, 05:56
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_keenan_2004
You can give these guys a try, i just bought a 749 dark off them, they seem ok so far, got its first service next wednesday, i will post my experiences on here after.

Italia moto/classics 01522 511851 (in lincoln)
I've been using Italia for around 10 years,great bunch of lads.
Old 24-Aug-2006, 10:24
500SD

Mood: 900 went 999 gone, Multi came and went, 749 Nero now
Just read this thread, it was lets say, an interesting read.
My comment is only this. I nearly bought a Multistrada that was due a 6000 mile service very soon.
I rang by chance Ducati Aylesbury who quoted £540 inc vat including a belt change labour free just the belt cost of £68.
Seemed exepnsive to me for a simple 2v bike.
Old 25-Aug-2006, 18:51
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
I wrote a long and detailed reply after reading this board a few days ago, but our new website "lost" it. So here it is in brief. HOPEFULLY!!!

Bought my ST4s new from Phil at Italia in Lincoln in June 2001 - been serviced there ever since. Never been charged twice for the same thing on the invoice - never been overcharged for the excellent work and care n attention - never been charged for work not done, and always been given free advice over the 'phone. But most important of all - my bike has never dumped me at the side of the road anywhere in 5yrs of fantastic touring all across Europe.

Now I live in Switzerland and the round trip to Lincoln is 1,500mls door to door - when I leave Lincoln I need to do so in a complete peaceful and content frame of mind as I do not want to be dumped at the side of French N road because some spanner passers monkey failed to torque a fastner correctly or forget to refit a bolt on the calipers if you get my drift.

So if you feel you're not getting value and quality from your service - change workshop - and - if you feel Ducati Ownership costs are a rip off - change Brand.

I'm not a millionaire, nor do I earn a huge salary - I'm an ordinairy type of chap whose been motorcycling for 35yrs now, and in that time I've seen enough dreadfull servicing to know when I'm getting excellent quality and great value.

It's Italia for me - (whilst they continue to maintain their high standards)

Last edited by Athelstan : 25-Aug-2006 at 18:55.