Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Mar-2006, 22:35   #1
500SD

Mood: a ducati is for life not just for christmas
slipper clutch
after having a go on pedro,s 749R i was very impressed with the bucci slipper clutch .Ive never had the opportunity to ride a bike with one on before .(now where did i put that credit card)
Old 16-Mar-2006, 22:44   #2
Big Twin

Mood: r
had to find used daz, belive me .
Old 16-Mar-2006, 23:14   #3
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Imagine how useful it is with a lot of power..............
Old 16-Mar-2006, 23:33   #4
Big Twin

yes andy - imagine-
Old 17-Mar-2006, 11:13   #5
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
hey pedro weve come across guys like andy before (theyve got the power but can,t use it because of lack of experiece in riding abllity......can talk the talk but can,t walk the walk.

[Edited on 17-3-2006 by duc daz]
Old 17-Mar-2006, 11:47   #6
Mille

plenty of options ...
I've tried a couple of different makes of slipper and the amount of confidence it gives you when knocking down a gear (or three) into a sharp corner cannot be underestimated (for me at least).

I have a sigma performance one on my 996 road bike - great on the track but a bit grabby in traffic light traffic - very hard to pull away quickly.

I also bought a second hand bucci one for my track bike from this very site last year which (so far) has also worked very well - no rear wheel lock ups or grabbiness.

Before buying the bucci one, I was toying with the idea of one of the ebay versions from AT Corse. I recall them being about £350 but not sure if that incuded the plates etc. Apparently these are unbranded DP versions and are direct from the factory. You can pay more for higher spec versions and I think a few people on here have been very happy with them. If you do a search on AT Corse you'll find them. If you are interested, I think I have his number somewhere so you can also speak to the importer / seller aswell - always good for reassurance in my book.

Hope this helps.

simon
Old 17-Mar-2006, 15:32   #7
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by marchesini
I've tried a couple of different makes of slipper and the amount of confidence it gives you when knocking down a gear (or three) into a sharp corner cannot be underestimated (for me at least).

I have a sigma performance one on my 996 road bike - great on the track but a bit grabby in traffic light traffic - very hard to pull away quickly.

I also bought a second hand bucci one for my track bike from this very site last year which (so far) has also worked very well - no rear wheel lock ups or grabbiness.

Before buying the bucci one, I was toying with the idea of one of the ebay versions from AT Corse. I recall them being about £350 but not sure if that incuded the plates etc. Apparently these are unbranded DP versions and are direct from the factory. You can pay more for higher spec versions and I think a few people on here have been very happy with them. If you do a search on AT Corse you'll find them. If you are interested, I think I have his number somewhere so you can also speak to the importer / seller aswell - always good for reassurance in my book.

Hope this helps. thanks for that

simon
Old 17-Mar-2006, 18:05   #8
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by duc daz
Quote:
hey pedro weve come across guys like andy before (theyve got the power but can,t use it because of lack of experiece in riding abllity......can talk the talk but can,t walk the walk.

how is jason?
Old 17-Mar-2006, 20:03   #9
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by pedro
Quote:
Originally posted by duc daz
Quote:

how is jason?

Hmm experience?, qualifications?.............. give me your best shot!
Old 17-Mar-2006, 20:41   #10
Big Twin

who? jason is a guy we know who on his zx10 is a gp god, his first & only track day at mallory was so good the instrustors coundnt catch him:P. his allways on his back wheel on the local fast road over 150mph. then when out on a run with daz,daz has to pull in & wait. i must say i was trailing mad mav,f-pete,chief, when i went for a blast some time ago.fast riders they are.