Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Mar-2005, 18:54
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Trading places

I've decded after consulting with my mentor ( Rattler).
I'm no longer gong to put the 996R on the track. She wll be left for DSC td's only and a bit of road riding.

I'm stll not too sure what I want for the track, but my short list is a CBR600RR. What you think WJB
Old 27-Mar-2005, 18:58
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Good weapon choice sir !!!,ex Karl harris,of course,jon ???

Old 27-Mar-2005, 19:00
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
748RS ?
Old 27-Mar-2005, 19:26
Ducati Corse

In my dreams Simon. That is unless you know of one gong serousley cheap. TP I've thought about a 748/r/sps. But I 'm more likely to start putting expensive blng bits on it again and thats the reason why I'm keeping the R off. Cartagena was very expensive in terms of repair damage. Didn't look much while covered in mud, but the bloody place doesn't have run offs, more like stone chip offs

[Edited on 27-3-2005 by Jon]
Old 27-Mar-2005, 19:30
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
If you wanted to stay in the fold I'd say a 748 of some description would be the way to go for a track bike. If you can resist blinging it of course ...

Otherwise a supersport 600 would be a nice cheap track bike. I was mulling this over and I reckon I'd go for a ZX636. Plenty of bodywork around for them etc and well over 100 horsies standard. Probably more bits and pieces cheaper for the GSX-R's, R6's and CBR's though.
Old 27-Mar-2005, 19:42
Ducati Corse

Looked a kwak 636's. They don't do it for me, same wth the R6. I do like the look of the cbr though
Old 29-Mar-2005, 13:29
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Jon, if you decide to go down the route of the CBR600RR, I know somebody selling a very nice track prepped one. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 29-Mar-2005, 13:32
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Jon

Having experienced Rattler's appreciation of the R6 I am surprised you would consider this as an option.

Not that I am biased at all, but if you went for a later model 748r or rs then you would have mosty of the trick bits you need anyway. prices for anything else are coming down and ebay is your friend!

I have my r up for sale and I am thinking about the best way to sell it. If you are interested in it as a track bike we could come to an arrangement...

u2u me
Old 29-Mar-2005, 13:53
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Now that Lily has posted, I'm bound to say 'buy hers' or I'll be in trouble.

I sold my 748 and have emotionally regretted it ever since, but then logically, there is no contest. Now I have the RR, I'm in love - she's a real beauty and the sound with my full Arrow system is superb. Power is enough for me (checkout 600 vs powerbikes times at most circuits and there is a second or two in it - not enough to make any difference to your riding or mine), so plenty of power. The handling is the best bit though, very light and turns in quickly although mine has Ohlins in the forks, damper and shock, plus set up by KTec.

Once I learn to ride it, I will be a lot quicker on it than on my 748.

Do I stop for a little look every time I open the garage door? Well sadly, or otherwise, yes I do, it's not in the 748/9** icon mould, but it's still a beautifully put together machine.

You'll get a road minger from about £4500, but a sorted track one starts about £6k+ There is a guy in Yorkshire buying them new and converting straight to race/track, he's regularly on motoforum.net

WeeJohnyB
Old 29-Mar-2005, 13:57
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
and you could have a nice trick 748r for less than that