Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Apr-2005, 18:57
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Idea for TA4

I had a thought for TA4,would there be any mileage in letting any member that is SERIOUSLY considering doing the series in 2006 having one session on a DD bike, thereby giving them a feel for the style of bike and power availiable.
I think the offer could only be made to members already booked on TA4 (they would have to use one of there sessions for the ride) .
I would certainly make our bike available as long as it didnt clash with Chris's sessions, indeed i plan on doing my first session on the monny.
Any thoghts?
Butch
Old 03-Apr-2005, 18:58
Dibble

It is indded my intention to blag a DD bike for a session ..... so i'll be buying cakes for Dave Harris, Rattler or MW ......
Old 03-Apr-2005, 19:02
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
A dozen crispy iced Bluewater ones and you can use ours allday Dibbs!
Old 03-Apr-2005, 19:04
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by butch890
A dozen crispy iced Bluewater ones and you can use ours allday Dibbs!

have we met ???? :P
Old 03-Apr-2005, 20:11
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
No problem at all with letting other DSC folk on my 600, preferably in a different group but could work out a bike swap if needs be.

Preference will be given to those with 4v 140bhp+ beasts willing to do bike swaps!
Old 06-Apr-2005, 09:41

Mood: COME ON!!!!!
I'd be quite happy for DSC members,mates or old men to use the monster that isn't mine anyway.......as long as (as Ali's already said)there is a suitable alternative available for me to try and not crash!!! (wonder where i could find 2 of those???) Thanks to everyone that posted concern or banter(SW)after my off last week,amusing reading! There....my first message posted.Time for this "proper" desmo racer(cough!) to go and rivet some end caps onto a fresh faced end can.
Old 06-Apr-2005, 09:45
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris 77
I'd be quite happy for DSC members,mates or old men to use the monster that isn't mine anyway.......as long as (as Ali's already said)there is a suitable alternative available for me to try and not crash!!! (wonder where i could find 2 of those???) Thanks to everyone that posted concern or banter(SW)after my off last week,amusing reading! There....my first message posted.Time for this "proper" desmo racer(cough!) to go and rivet some end caps onto a fresh faced end can.

My Demso Due bike is already loaned out for the day !

Phil

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by fil2]
Old 06-Apr-2005, 09:52
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Just spoken to AK & he is happy to 'lend' for a session (provided not the same group too)

C
Old 06-Apr-2005, 10:43
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris 77

Glad you are getting it fixed Chris-I have already arranged to blag it from your dad.................oh yes, and he has prommissed me a go on the 'Baby R'....... You are welcome to a ride on the 'Gentlemans Express' if you fancy it mate-John H reckonned it was 'fecking awesome' when he rode it at Silverstone.
Hmmm, just re-read your posting-I think I probably fit into the 'old men' category..........

John

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by Monty]
Old 06-Apr-2005, 11:32
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
I'm planning to take my 900SS to this so my DD bike will be available all day if anyone wants to have a go, subject to a couple of conditions.

1) The bike will be stored at Antonye's for the year so transportation to and from there will have to be organised by and split amongst the people that want to have a go. If Antonye wants to take both of his bikes (and a 3-bike van is not available) then someone will have to drive to and from his place - he's already doing me a big favour and I don't want to put him out.

2) No need to risk your own pride and joy in my hands (unless you REALLY need my expert opinion on your bike!) - this is a unilateral offer. You bend it, you fix it before the next race. I'm going to be sensible about it - if it relates to something that was going to break anyway then I'm not going to hold you responsible, and I'm not going to ask for a carbon termi to replace a broken alloy can. Just want to make sure I will be able to continue racing.

3) Offer only open to people who have never raced before - you don't have to be planning to do DD next year (yet!). I'm not going to check with the ACU, but I will post the provisional list of riders and will yank anyone that any member tells has raced before. The only exception to this rule is Nelly.

Before you all jump at this fantastic opportunity, it's only fair to warn you that it will not be the best DD example out there. It is being prepped by Nelly, but there's only so much that even he can do on the budget I have given him.

If you have read this far and are still interested then drop me a u2u.

cheers, Chi