Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 01-Jul-2005, 14:32
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"Money down the drain "
Patience Grasshopper, patience-it has been written that all comes to he who waits, and the rules for 2006 will not be decided until after Brands....................I wouldn't be selling off those carbs cheap yet if I was you....

John

[Edited on 1-7-2005 by Monty]
Old 01-Jul-2005, 14:34
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
620 injection................

Well yes, but that just means I won't be entering next year as I can't afford to buy a 620, and who is going to buy the 674 now?

Money down the drain

Next year...nothing has been decided yet... but head work may be allowed so that a 675 will be competative in terms of power with a 620injection...that way you can keep the 675 and race next year............... .....

All is not lost yet Bro.................................

Phil
Old 01-Jul-2005, 14:34
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by CK and AK

?riders?

sorry, poor show

coat, off.............................

Thanks.

Might as well give up now then!
Old 01-Jul-2005, 14:38
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Wise words from Phil!

Patience Ant ... if nothing else you'll have a lovely ornament for the lounge room.

Read Chris' post above, looks positive for you antique owners.
Old 01-Jul-2005, 14:39
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
It's not over until the slightly-overweight rider #68 sings.....

I'm convinced that there is more usable power to come from my 674 for Donington, without resorting to headwork or anything illegal. Things like manifold matching and a change of exhaust should help both bottom end response and top end power.

Ali, IMHO your FCR41s are way too big - even my 39s are excessive given the current valve sizes (but may be useful on a 620 motor...)

Also ignition and cam timing can make a difference, but now I'm giving too much away
Old 01-Jul-2005, 14:45
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally posted by CK and AK

When they are side by side, you can see the big difference on the inlet & outlet

Ah yes, but the cams are different in their lift and duration.
Old 01-Jul-2005, 14:45
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by paynep

I'm convinced that there is more usable power to come from my 674 for Donington, without resorting to headwork or anything illegal. Things like manifold matching and a change of exhaust should help both bottom end response and top end power.

Ali, IMHO your FCR41s are way too big - even my 39s are excessive given the current valve sizes (but may be useful on a 620 motor...)

Also ignition and cam timing can make a difference, but now I'm giving too much away

41s are definitely too big, as we've discussed before, but I also tried the DP transducers with a different ignition curve. No noticeable difference....

Your 39s are also too big, but not by much. The real issue is the lack of a base setup to work from.

Ali
Old 01-Jul-2005, 15:31
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by paynep

Im sure there is Paul but i shudder at the cost of the FCR's the dyno'ing the engine work the bespoke zorst set up etc etc.....just for a few bhp is it worth it when for next head work may be allowed or a split class...................

Phil

[Edited on 1-7-2005 by fil2]
Old 01-Jul-2005, 15:35
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
To right 41s are to big, basically a good smoothbore carb will flow 20% more than a CV carb, so to match the flow of the 38mm CVs you will probably find a set of 35mm flatsides is the max you will need. Also bear in mind how much power the 900SS makes with the same 38mm carbs and airbox setup.
Its the head and inlet tracts that are the restriction and as mentioned some good flowbench work should deliver good results.
Just let me at Senna3's 675 with my air grinder or maybe we can get the experts have a go over the winter.
Old 01-Jul-2005, 15:37
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
being that I am pretty simple in techy terms, but is it not easier and cheaper to source a 620 lump and injector system etc and chuck them in the 600ss/monster frame?