Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Oct-2006, 14:30
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
Not certain it has divided the club Tim, more people are just bored of it.

The racers bicker amongst themselves and the non dd'ers look on in fascination not really understanding why or what it's all about. Sometimes it gets to the point where it really does paint a negative picture, when in fact I think that most folks agree that in principle DD is actually pretty good.

I think non racers would be more interested in DD if it wasn't so bitchy all the time and we just got to hear about the racing and the fun side of it.

By having a general report it would mean that people would not get fed up with it. Personally I find that I am reading threads that go into the detail when I was just trying to see how the weekend went.

And I know the personal reports are out there, but sometimes they really do get a bit dull with so much detail that your average non dd'er is gonna switch off.

As i previously said lily..its a great idea....and im sure 4d would be more than happy to provide a report after every round...and even attach some piccies.!

its a great idea and one we should run with

Phil
Old 10-Oct-2006, 14:37
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Not certain it has divided the club Tim, more people are just bored of it.

The racers bicker amongst themselves and the non dd'ers look on in fascination not really understanding why or what it's all about. Sometimes it gets to the point where it really does paint a negative picture, when in fact I think that most folks agree that in principle DD is actually pretty good.

I think non racers would be more interested in DD if it wasn't so bitchy all the time and we just got to hear about the racing and the fun side of it.

By having a general report it would mean that people would not get fed up with it. Personally I find that I am reading threads that go into the detail when I was just trying to see how the weekend went.

And I know the personal reports are out there, but sometimes they really do get a bit dull with so much detail that your average non dd'er is gonna switch off.

Hmmm - the series is now 2 years old and there are a number of riders in it who only joined the DSC to race in the DD - therefore they may not really know (nor often care) whether the information they post is digestable to the general DSC populus. It could be argued that these individuals joined divided (oxymoron????) already!!

It is however extremely important to most riders in the DD and they feel passionate enough about certain issues to voice their concerns on here.

Whilst the non DD'er may not understand and switch off, the DD'ers or non DD'ers that do understand or want to understand can use this forum as they are entitled to.

Tim
Old 10-Oct-2006, 14:37
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Phil

Fordie would be a great candidate for it and it could bring some real positives to the DD side of things
Old 10-Oct-2006, 14:40
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Tim

I am not suggesting for one minute that the DD'ers should stop airing thir views or stop posting their reports. I am suggetsing that maybe someone (fordie has been suggested) could do a general report for each event so people that are not involved get to see the positive side of DD without getting cuaght up in the politics, bitching and issues that in reality should only affect those racing.

I am trying to suggest a positive feedback mechanism for DD to highlight the good for the general public so the rest of you can sort out the issues.
Old 10-Oct-2006, 14:41
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Phil

Fordie would be a great candidate for it and it could bring some real positives to the DD side of things

Consider it done....................a great idea well done.....and 4d is the man a staunch advocate of DD and DSC....

A race weekend summuary following the races will be submitted inc some photos..after every DD uk round..............

suggestions on the format you think would be ideal from a non dd'er perspective would be brilliant....and where .?...maybe a locked thread/post after every round.?..that remains logged for the season so we can look back.?....

PM me or 4d.........................
Old 10-Oct-2006, 14:44
WSB Hero

Quote:
Tim

I am not suggesting for one minute that the DD'ers should stop airing thir views or stop posting their reports. I am suggetsing that maybe someone (fordie has been suggested) could do a general report for each event so people that are not involved get to see the positive side of DD without getting cuaght up in the politics, bitching and issues that in reality should only affect those racing.

I am trying to suggest a positive feedback mechanism for DD to highlight the good for the general public so the rest of you can sort out the issues.

You're right - I misunderstood - you're idea is a good one - looks like its working already.

Tim
Old 10-Oct-2006, 14:45
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Thanks for answering the questions but I don't think people are getting what I am saying....

DD is getting some pretty poor coverage at the moment and despite all the comments of 'if you don't like it don't read it' people will continue to do so.

i was suggesting that with a little bit of effort a positive image can be put onto the forum that has enough information to keep non dd'ers interested without getting into the personal side of things and with no politics.

example

Cadwell report:

Results can be found here...

This weekend saw the final round of the DD series with some close battles between the racers despite the titles already being awarded. Some racers go an extra race in on saturday despite this being a non points round.

With great weather and good track conditions there were few crashes and some lap records were beaten.

Some new faces joined the racing on Sunday in preparation for a full season next year. Kelly Ford made her first outing on the championship winning 583 and seemed to get to grips with the competion pretty quickly.

saturday night saw a hog roast to celebrate the season with many racers and non racers alike joinging in the fun and banter.

Many prospective racers for 2007 made the trip including DCR who was seen grinning madly whilst picking up his new slowery steed from Grib who has moved up to the 620 class.

do people get what i am saying here??
I've tried to stay out of all the DD posts because to be honest I find most of the talk irrelevant to me as I am not involved and I'm no longer a DSC member mainly in part because of all this bickering that goes on within DD and the DSC on the whole.But as some of you might be aware I have a love for racing whether that be club racing all the way up to MotoGP so I do take an interest but after a DD round everyone writes up their own report, got to admit I read 1 maybe 2, usually Tim's because it's short and sweet in fact I haven't even read any from cadwell because of whats been posted up so far and I have a very short attention span.But from the outside looking in all I want as a person who's interested is exactly what has been said above, results a summary of events, non starters, new entrants, winners and standings after each round in one thread, I get exactly this via email currently from JHP/Riders in BSS with the odd photo (ala Guy also).For me that's all I need to know, and I am guessing/hoping others feel the same.
Old 10-Oct-2006, 14:45
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
I agree a light hearted race report including banter and pics would make for good reading on the Monday after the event both for those involved and those not.
4D would make a good candidate and otei always seems to have a good grasp of paddock gossip/going ons like any old woman into their gossip should do

As for paddock gossip, young student Dom (Donkey) Clegg got his first ever trophy after funding his racing with a student grant but more importantly had his first hot meal of the year at the pig roast

Last edited by couchcommando : 10-Oct-2006 at 14:49.
Old 10-Oct-2006, 14:49
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM
...... I do take an interest but after a DD round everyone writes up their own report, got to admit I read 1 maybe 2, usually Tim's because it's short and sweet .......................

Its even shorter this time;

"4th, 4th, 4th, 4th, 4th and 4th"

Old 10-Oct-2006, 14:50
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
There used to be something just like this on the old DSC Desmodue race website for the races last year. Don't think it happened this year though.

The DSC's DD website used to be here but is showing an error now - http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/desmodue/

(It's still the top Google search results when you enter "Desmodue racing" though)