Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 23-Aug-2009, 21:37
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
It was a club thing when I went... not just DD... but then that was before DD hijacked the club...
Old 23-Aug-2009, 22:10
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
We could hold it on the bridge that the billy goats gruff trip trapped over...then all the trolls would be right at home.

I'm a racer, I stand (hopefully) to get a championship trophy at the end of this. I enjoyed the 2007 Dinner dance and enjoyed presenting the Steve Hambrook trophy. I'd enjoy it even more if I was recieving a trophy, so yes, I'm looking at this from a mildly selfish perspective.

To be honest, I only ever post in the DD section because it's all I'm interested in. I'm not gonna make any apologies for that.

If other DSC members wanted to come to the dinner dance, then of course that would be fantastic.

There are 3 types of people in this world:

Those who wonder what happened, those who know what happened, and those that make things happen.

Seems to me that the people that race in DD are the ones that make things happen.

If you want to make this happen, let's sort it. If you just want to whinge like a little girl, don't post on this thread.
Old 23-Aug-2009, 23:18
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
I m sure I spoke to Gordon and/or Cleggy on this one and things have already been put in place to ensure this years do goes ahead. Lets see what they say.

Andy
Old 23-Aug-2009, 23:28
Big Twin

Oh, you Do exist then!

Nice one about the Dinner dance...indeed, lets wait and see what is said. Lets just not wait until a week before the event and expext people to drop everything to go.

made it to the wedding then, has to be said, you two looked pimpin...Trace more so than you!
Old 23-Aug-2009, 23:41
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Yep, we made it just in time for the speech's 8.30pm.

We finally got home at 2am & my contact lenses were glued to my eyes by then, great night & our group of top mates were there to the very end as usual...

CONGRATULATIONS TO MR & MRS YOUNG

Andy
Old 24-Aug-2009, 08:39
Big Twin

Dinner Dance

I have found a place and have had an initial chat at the start of July, but due to recent events I have not been able to follow up

I plan to go over in the next few weeks, it's just north of Bedford by the Autodrome on the A6, it's run by Italian petrolheads and has all the facilities required
http://www.thesharnbrookhotel.com/home_sharnbrook2.html

Have to research extra rooms rates etc as they may not have enough rooms but I think there are other options for sleeping locally, I was there for an Italian day recently and found the ambiance, food, service etc fantastic

But if anyone knows of a suitable place please let me know and I will follow up as all ideas are welcome.

NOvember or January as a date ???
Old 24-Aug-2009, 09:05
Big Twin

Nice one Gordon, looks like a nice place and fabulous that it's owned by petrol heads! Might be a little pricey though?...I guess there will be B&B's available nearby at a slightly lesser rate though.

How's the leg?
Old 24-Aug-2009, 09:43
Ducati Corse

Only a 3hr+ drive if i want to goIs it possible to look at ANYTHING North of Birmingham!!??
Old 24-Aug-2009, 09:49
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
And if that falls through we are welcome to hold the DD end of seson awards at the New Era Shindig in Daventry in February

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 24-Aug-2009, 10:16
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
And if that falls through we are welcome to hold the DD end of seson awards at the New Era Shindig in Daventry in February

There are a number of options as to where the Dinner Dance could be held, mostly it is a function of how many wish to come, how big a room and then how many hotel rooms required, so that the participants can just go upstairs to bed and not have to drive anywhere.

As Gordon has stated earlier we have one option over by the M1 we have another 2 near Oxford, that can accomodate 100+ guests/partners, etc.

What would be very useful would be starting a list on here of those who want to come - I will start one this afternoon and we can et things going.

Chris