Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Aug-2006, 09:57
Mille

Mood: Mood? I'll give you mood!
Help with belt tensioning guage - please.

Replaced the belts on my SP at the weekend.

The snag was getting the tension correct. Got the right gauge and wound the belt up to 11, then down to 2.5 before holding it there while the ajuster pulley gets tightened up. Took the guage off and then replaced it to double check - it said 4.5!!

Went through the same routine about half a dozen times and every time I got a different reading that was higher than 2.5.

Is there a knack with these things? The guage was central between the cam pulleys, straight on the belt and not snagging on anything. I'm not too keen on driving it until I get it spot on.

Cheers!
Old 14-Aug-2006, 10:47
GTL

You are not having a problem -with the gauge it is only for setting tension and not for checking it
Old 14-Aug-2006, 11:58
Mille

Mood: Mood? I'll give you mood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolds
You are not having a problem -with the gauge it is only for setting tension and not for checking it

Yeah, well... that's what I'd initialy thought (or tried to convince myself), but I tried the gauge on the old belts before I took them off (2.5 each) and on an engine that's just been rebuilt and waiting to go back in the frame (near as dammit 2.5 each).

But if you're sure...