Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Oct-2006, 11:46
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv748
It isn't a matter of what if Steve...its fact...its already happening.

Its often the case regarding DD that people outside of the series feel they are not allowed to voice an opinion on things relating to it because we are not racing in it and therefore it does not directly relate to us. Of course that is true to some degree...I mean, what do I care if you have 1 or 2 grids...don't give a hoot, but I do give a **** when members of the club are talking with their feet and their wallets.

You only have to look at the response on the other thread from just a few of the silent minority whom are becoming more and more fed up with it all.

If the DD forum was set up for this very reason, why can't it be used now? It appears to me that it was tried for a while...but there is only so many arguments people can have with themselves...so it all came back on here!

If the DD posts where all on the DD forum the DSC site would be a better place at the moment.

Why can't this be done...the DD community seemed quite happy with this arrangement 9 months ago?

It's obvious you forgot to press the write option button under todays posts

*edited to show quotes correctly - only - Frank

Last edited by Iconic944ss : 12-Oct-2006 at 12:27.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 11:48
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I can't believe we are resorting to this level of censorship.

And after we'd made such good progress - uncensoring the word bugger!

bugger bugger bugger bugger!!!!

Well this thread needs some humour ... I really do hope that we can reconsider this, despite the fact that we don't all agree on other things to resort to this is draconian. 1984 anyone?
Old 12-Oct-2006, 11:58
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Quote:
If the DD posts where all on the DD forum the DSC site would be a better place at the moment.

Why can't this be done...the DD community seemed quite happy with this arrangement 9 months ago?

I wasn't happy with the new forum I wanted it kept within the DSC site but ot only be viewed by DSC members only.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:02
Big Twin

Constructive reply Chass.

So how do you suggest we stop current/new members from leaving/not joining?

My opinion is that with winter coming and all of the internal wrangling that is bound to happen over the next 4-5 months regarding the structuring of DD...it could/should all be dealt with elsewhere...don't see whats wrong with that?
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:09
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Well this thread needs some humour ... 1984 anyone?

1984 was a great year Tony, the summer of love when i was living in London, then swanning off round Europe on the bike for 3 months, charming all the foreign girlies, helping rid France of its wine lake, dossing on the beaches in Greece.

Oh and they was far less censorship, so maybe 1984 wasn't all that bad after all.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:10
Ducati Corse

Weeksy, there are plenty who join just for 'one thing'
When I joined I was ONLY interested in meets & rideouts - as likewise quite a number of members still are.
AK was wanting to do trackdays, but he can 'take or leave' rideouts.
Many others never use the forum, but just do trackdays or just attend socials.
This is what makes a good eclectic mix in the club - it would be sad if everyone liked the same thing - imagine 600+ members ALL wanting to do the club only TD's, or the same number wanting to race.
Yes, Andy J joined to race - we asked him - he was happy to. Has posted a few times on here, and also given others quite a bit of help in the paddock - particularly last year - in setting up suspension etc, or tips for newbies.

I do agree things have to move on from this though (as I said yesterday) and I do think the club is big enough for everyone to get something (however large or small, however insular) out of it, though I do disagree with the draconian measures put into place this morning.

now, off to ride my bike in the sunshine
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:12
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Constructive reply Chass.

So how do you suggest we stop current/new members from leaving/not joining?

My opinion is that with winter coming and all of the internal wrangling that is bound to happen over the next 4-5 months regarding the structuring of DD...it could/should all be dealt with elsewhere...don't see whats wrong with that?

Instead of just relocating the arguing etc, why don't we resolve the issues?
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:18
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

This has cost me a double thickness Nomex suit but hey it must be worth it.

I suggest that to put an end to this ongoing, non productive back and forth that we hold a meeting that is open to any DSC member interested in putting their points forward for proper discussion regarding the Desmo Due series. Not just a small group, not just the MT, not just the RC but ANY member with a true interest in putting this to bed.

We can resolve this even if it means a darn good row to clear the air. This isn't the place to do it and it isn't the only place we need to make the offer of a meeting. It will need to go into Pronto to be fair to all.

Anybody else got the will to do this and stop the bickering on these forums ? If not then I have to ask why not if you have the best interest of the club and DD at heart ?

We (DSC) will run the series again next year and at the outset the riders and those offering to help will all know what is expected of you, the RC will all know what is expected of them.

So. Copy and paste if you want to genuinely see it sorted !!!

Paul James

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.

Last edited by Paul James : 12-Oct-2006 at 12:22.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:25
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Instead of just relocating the arguing etc, why don't we resolve the issues?

Absolutley 100%...

I can see two clear issues that need resolving here.

One is the fact that some of the DD participants clearly have issues with the RC and MT. What/why/right or wrong...I don't really give a **** as I don't race in the series. As far as I am concerned the DD'ers themselves and the MT/RC need to thrash this out AMONG THEMSELVES...go do that somewher else, not here.

The second is regards the public posting of dirty washing amonst racers etc...again, its just dones't need to be on here. What ever happened to someone picking up the frigin' telephone and just sorting it out! But ultimately, again, it needs to be sorted out amonst yourselves...not on here.

Simple really.

So who is going to grab the baton and sort ou the issues in point 1? And by that I mean not bleat more and more, but actually arrnage a meeting, take a vote, lobby for change...whatever is needed, but get some wheels in motion.

Last edited by Harv748 : 12-Oct-2006 at 16:14.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:28
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Absolutley 100%...

I can see two clear issues that need resolving here.

One is the fact that the DD participants clearly have issues with the RC and MT. What/why/right or wrong...I don't really give a **** as I don't race in the series. As far as I am concerned the DD'ers themselves and the MT/RC need to thrash this out AMONG THEMSELVES...go do that somewher else, not here.

The second is regards the public posting of dirty washing amonst racers etc...again, its just dones't need to be on here. What ever happened to someone picking up the frigin' telephone and just sorting it out! But ultimately, again, it needs to be sorted out amonst yourselves...not on here.

Simple really.

So who is going to grab the baton and sort ou the issues in point 1? And by that I mean not bleat more and more, but actually arrnage a meeting, take a vote, lobby for change...whatever is needed, but get some wheels in motion.

Erm I guess I hit the "submit reply" button just ahead of you Harv ?

Guess I'm the guy with the baton ?

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.