Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Oct-2006, 17:02
500SD

Led's

I have purchased a mono seat and intend to make it slightly different to original by putting LED's in instead of lamp unit. Keeping faithful to the original 2 squares of course. Does anyone know how or where to get advice to makesome. I have seen ebay ones but not that impressive imho. Thought about putting orange on side for indicators but not sure about that. I know maplins sell them. I have a good solder kit but is it that simple.
Old 23-Oct-2006, 17:21
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Albie - its all getting a bit 'max power' isnt it mate - lol !

Got a contact for you - e mail Paul Welsby - paulwelsby@tiscali.co.uk ...make sure you tell him nat sent you and he'll look after you. His ducati LED units are superb quality. The leds are also red so you have the option of using a transparent light lens..

Cheers
Nat
Old 23-Oct-2006, 17:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
they will need to be 12V to be compatible with you battery, but apart from that it would be good to get close to the same kind of luminance (brightness) as the stock part. Too bright can be distracting for drivers behind, hence you are not supposed to drive with a rear fog light on in normal conditions. Also if not bright enough then more difficult to see.

As Nat says, use a red led, but I would not personally use a clear lens unless it did a good job of "diffusing" the light source

Last edited by 749er : 23-Oct-2006 at 17:29.
Old 23-Oct-2006, 18:21
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattyboy
Albie - its all getting a bit 'max power' isnt it mate - lol !

Got a contact for you - e mail Paul Welsby - paulwelsby@tiscali.co.uk ...make sure you tell him nat sent you and he'll look after you. His ducati LED units are superb quality. The leds are also red so you have the option of using a transparent light lens..

Cheers
Nat
Oooh I hope not.No strip lights underneath. Its just that I have got the mono seat and want to get a more modern look without extremism. I am trying to source the hinge and seat lock and seat pad so I can switch easy if necessary. Rode it in the rain yesterday and feels much more comfy than s4. Smoother.

If any one has seat hinge and latch please get back to me.
Old 24-Oct-2006, 17:14
Mille
Bikes: 996 sps foggy, 2001 r6, 1098S, s1000rr, Panigale 1199S

Mood: on the back wheel !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 749er
they will need to be 12V to be compatible with you battery, but apart from that it would be good to get close to the same kind of luminance (brightness) as the stock part. Too bright can be distracting for drivers behind, hence you are not supposed to drive with a rear fog light on in normal conditions. Also if not bright enough then more difficult to see.

As Nat says, use a red led, but I would not personally use a clear lens unless it did a good job of "diffusing" the light source

No they dont need to be 12v ! you just need the correct current limiting resistor fitted in the right place.
Old 24-Oct-2006, 17:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMON
No they dont need to be 12v ! you just need the correct current limiting resistor fitted in the right place.

well I guess thats true, but I was referring to battery compatibility, saves adding the extra bits
Old 24-Oct-2006, 17:54
500SD

Im gonna go for the £30 ones on ebay unless I find a better source. I hope to mount the indicators in the top breather vents behind silver mesh.
Old 25-Oct-2006, 16:36
Mille
Bikes: 996 sps foggy, 2001 r6, 1098S, s1000rr, Panigale 1199S

Mood: on the back wheel !!
I have the 30 quid ebay ones and they are good, i can vouch for them...nice pattern when lit up.

lets have the link to ones you've seen to see if they are the same then !
Old 25-Oct-2006, 17:02
500SD

Mood: Smiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMON
I have the 30 quid ebay ones and they are good, i can vouch for them...nice pattern when lit up.

lets have the link to ones you've seen to see if they are the same then !

what you nicked them off albie? ah poor albie, you didn't give him a chance!
Old 25-Oct-2006, 17:14
500SD

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-748-916...QQcmdZViewItem
No mel the leds ok
I got bumped in the trashed 748 seat. Hey mel can you checkout if cmws have any bits.

This is the light unit details.