Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-May-2009, 18:29
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Gbyte666 Anglesey Race Report

After doing a Race practice track day two weeks earlier for the first time at Anglesey I declared this track to be my new favourite knocking Cadwell off the top slot. So full of confidence turning up on Saturday just in time to watch the DD race two and then seeing JPM and Lilly L bin it my nerves wavered a bit.
Waking Sunday morning I ventured outside to see that it had rained during the night and my heart sank. ( I’m a Poof in the wet )
With brand new tyres on I ventured out onto the track for qualifying and rode round like I was at the learner rider test centre. Dammm I was slow, just couldn’t get the scary damp out of my head. My Wife qualified 10 secs in front of me going round with a Tesco shopping trolley. Just when I thought right common Craig grow some balls and step it up a gear Harriot came round me on my left and binned it just as she was cutting in front of me. That made me even slower and then I spent the rest of the time worrying if she was ok and if I had got in her way. ( Went to see Harriot afterwards and she was ok and said that I wasn’t )
So guess where I qualified. Yup back of the grid. Serves me right.

Race 1

Lining up on the grid I nearly died laughing. I knew my slot would be easy to find as I was last, back of the grid. So when I looked over to my right there was Ross on my right and BEHIND me. I shook my head at him ( Oi, sod off I worked hard to get here at the back, “ get in front of me “ ) PML
The track was dry now so my confidence was back, Weird thing with the lights though. Considering this was only my third Grid stat Donnington had the lights ON, when they went off you went. At Anglesey the lights were OFF, he pointed to the lights, they Came ON after a wait ( people lurched and some false started others hesitated ) then they went OFF ??
Anyway I got a banging start, passed a couple and rode my little heart out and enjoyed every min of it.

Race 2

Back on the Grid I was glad to see Ross in the right place in front of me and knowing what to expect from the lights this time. Even better start this time and already chasing someone down. Managed to chase and pass three peeps though I cocked up flying past Shane as I got to the left hander I out braked myself and was just waiting for him to go flying past me.
Lows: Being a pussy in the damp. Qualifying so low. ( Despite Trudi giving me a kick up the A%$e ) Seeing Harriot bin it. Not meeting more peeps again. The journey back, got back at Midnight

Highs: Brilliant circuit. ( In the dry ) Great Race 1 and even better race 2 for ME. Having the Family there to support me. The Paddock Sprit

Well Done to the Winners on Sunday: Tim, Sam and Andy

Well done everyone, Supporters and Racers J

Craig
Old 11-May-2009, 18:48
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Thumbs up

Well done for getting out there and improving your results Craig, shame about your damp pussy
C'mon mate, you've been riding a 999R through the slippery winter salt and grime, you just CAN'T get nervous on a 620 monnie in the damp
Catch up with you at Loomies soon,
Paul.
Old 11-May-2009, 19:01
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Good to meet you Craig, we all prefer the dry. I raced Brands in the very wet and it is no where near as slippy as Anglesey was.
Old 12-May-2009, 22:40
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Nice one Craig, another one under your belt, sorry we couldn't be there to watch, was busy getting kicked of the Ring.........Noisy Englander

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 12-May-2009, 22:46
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
well done buddy!!
Old 12-May-2009, 23:17
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Nice one Craig,

I must confess that I noticed you out near the gate and wondered why you weren't further in the paddock. Get yerself in tha mix bwoooyyy!
Old 13-May-2009, 00:18
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Donnington had the lights ON, when they went off you went.

Anything else used to be called "Getting a Trouty" - we may need to rename it this year?

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 13-May-2009, 14:33
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Sounds like you made a good fist of it though anyway Craig, well done You can speak to Roy & Bradders for advice in the wet as they had plenty of practice on the way back from Cochem
Old 13-May-2009, 15:04
Big Twin

Mood: i'm a grey dude...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paynep
Anything else used to be called "Getting a Trouty" - we may need to rename it this year?

lol!

git

ok, how exactly did i get this rep?? One jump start penalty at Castle Coombe, and one 'going on the wrong set of lights' in a non championship race at Pembrey... I even got the fingers pointed at me when Otei jumped at Brands last year...