Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Dec-2009, 14:54

battery housing

hi will the battery housing and battery removal cause the data tool alarms to go off.as i think i might have to take them off to replace some of the coolant pipes.or is their some way round it.
Old 25-Dec-2009, 15:20
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
It shouldn't set the alarm off.
The earlier Datatool's (up to S3) have a service mode, in this state you can do anything.
The S4 doesn't have a service mode but let it 'passive arm' and it'll only go off if the ignition circuit is switched on (providing you've not changed the default software switch).
hth
Old 26-Dec-2009, 10:30

battery housing

hi when you say passive arm do you wean to click the left hand button an the fob .or press the right as normal .cheers pedro
Old 26-Dec-2009, 12:48
Ducati in my Blood

Pedro, 'passive arm' is when you turn the ignition off and let it arm itself without pressing any buttons.
Old 28-Dec-2009, 16:13

battery housing

as you can tell i am not to up on modern technology but pretty good hands on with the oily bits .thanks for your understanding reply.
Old 28-Dec-2009, 20:05
Ducati in my Blood

I think you need to forget about passive arm for what you want to do... if you've got a fob with left and right buttons then it's a System 3. It will passive arm in full protection state, so you need to use 'service mode'.

In case you don't have your user guide - disarm the alarm as normal, turn on the ignition, hold down the RIGHT button until it beeps (about 5 seconds). The LED will stay lit and the alarm will beep every 20ish seconds. The bike is now completely separated from the alarm.

To come out of service mode, just press the right button.
Old 02-Jan-2010, 21:33

battery housing

tried the suggestion of to put it in to servos mode .but it bleeps 3 times every 15 seconds instead of 1 .it does seem to have turned of the Maine alarm though.do you think it could be the trickle charge that was plugged in that has caused the problem. thanks againe pedro
Old 09-Jan-2010, 21:48

battery housing

it was because i had it conected to the battery optimiser that it bleeped 3 times in service mode.i disconnected it and now its fine.ps some one posted awhile ago .about masking over the alarm because of the annoying sound every 15 seconds. it worked great thanks .
Old 10-Jan-2010, 10:40
Ducati in my Blood

I didn't know the bit about the optimiser causing 3 beeps... every day's a school day!
Old 11-Jan-2010, 10:36
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
I didn't know the bit about the optimiser causing 3 beeps... every day's a school day!

Once in service mode and the bikes battery is disconnected, the bleeps come from the alarms on board battery. If it stopped when you turned optimiser off then the internal battery has given up. Usually takes about a day to die if battery is good.
Not a major problem, but it means that if the main battery is disconnected the alarm won't go off. You can replace the backup by taking the lid off the alarm. It's a rechargeable PP9.